Fade animation - black spots problem

Started by VertexBee, January 15, 2018, 02:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VertexBee

Hello!

I'm new to the forum and new to using Keyshot.

I've this problem with weird black areas showing while parts are fading, but not fully transparent.
Once the part disappear completely the materials show up correctly.

Attached is a gif showing the problem - see how the flat orange surfaces have black spots while the parts fade one by one.

The above model is sliced several times into several separate parts. I've animated the transparency effect by using the animation - fade feature.

Does somebody have a clue what is causing this and how to fix it?
Thanks!

DriesV

Difficult to tell what is going on here.

Any chance you can share the KeyShot scene? You can upload here (or link to it) or send to keyshot.wetransfer.com (dries-at-luxion-dot-com).

Dries

VertexBee

Hi

I've just send the scene to keyshot.wetransfer.com, but the recipient e-mail was web@luxion.com

Thank you so much for taking the time to look up this! Much appreciated!

Martin

DriesV

You can change web@luxion.com to another email address. :)
I don't have direct access to it now.

Perhaps you can send me the WeTransfer link through PM?

Dries

VertexBee

Sorry about that, hope you will receive it this time, I've used the other e-mail. :)

theAVator

Keep an eye out for any overlapping geometry. They will turn black like that when fading. I commonly get that in my models and if I need to something with it - i.e. its too obvious or important, I just nudge the part a little bit with the translation values or the move tool. 

If that doesn't happen to be the case in this instance, then just ignore what I said. lol
But I do get it where overlapping geometry causes black areas in a fade animation.

VertexBee

Quote from: theAVator on January 16, 2018, 09:55:16 AM
Keep an eye out for any overlapping geometry. They will turn black like that when fading...

This was helpful! Offseting the parts slightly apart from each other so they don't touch their surfaces fixed the problem.
Thanks a lot!