weird light spots while rendering

Started by mostrandomnerd, November 19, 2017, 06:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mostrandomnerd

Hey,

i tried everything. Product Mode, Interior Mode, no GI/GI, with and without caustics, different numbers of ray bounces. Also tried custom control or high sample numbers (up to 200) but nothing fixes the errors I get from the green light. I also tried emmisive light vs area light. I love the basic green around the mouth area but those green dots everywhere are really annoying and I am at the end of my knowledge to fix that. Does anyone have an idea?

designgestalt

hello mostrandomnerd,
this to me looks like a typical sample problem ... caused by the green light
I am pretty sure you can cure this by cranking up the samples quite a bit!
I would suggest to make a region render of the areas that are affected and crank the samples up to lets say 500 and see what happens...
cheers
designgestalt

mostrandomnerd

I tried 500 now. The first pictures was already a region render though. It didn't fix it. I think I have to redo this light. Seperate light sources and test different types of light.

edit: I kind of fixed it with a walkaround. Put the lights outside of the arm casing. Reduced them to 2 lights, upper and lower, and made them ies lights. just need to adjust the multiplier

Will Gibbons

Looks like your lights are too bright. Scale has a huge effect on light intensity. This is common in non-CAD applications. I would have tried turning down the light brightness/intensity until you didn't see this issue. Also, be sure you're rendering in Product lighting mode reset. That should help.

kiarash.tamizkar

hi dear ostrandomnerd.
i am pretty sure this is a sampling problem but in different engines like vray ,corona,arnold etc we can find this problem by study on passes or render elements,for example when we have some noises on caustic pass so we have to increase glossy samples in material option..so the first thing in this scene is finding noise or unusual effect in different passes specially on refraction and caustic passes so start to study on them...but you better start by increasing glass roughness samples i dont think this effect related to green light samples or GI problem.
have fun.