Main Menu

Final exam

Started by jackynikola, January 18, 2018, 05:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackynikola

So, guys, I am working on final exam project at my University. I am creating a concept of the pc case. So I have problems creating a display and led lights. Any idea how to make this?

Will Gibbons

Check out this... it's an hour-long walkthrough of pretty much everything related to lighting in KeyShot. It will allow/help you achieve what your'e after. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50qIeiKqPTA

jackynikola

Thank you for a link I already watched. Just can't get glow effect from emissive

zooropa

Quote from: jackynikola on January 19, 2018, 06:52:45 PM
Thank you for a link I already watched. Just can't get glow effect from emissive

What I usually do is to duplicate the "led number" layer in Photoshop (just be sure to render it with passes)  and apply a blur (you can play with the different types of blur effects) and that will give you exactly that effect.

Let me know how it went.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: jackynikola on January 19, 2018, 06:52:45 PM

KeyShot's 'bloom' feature in the image tab will give you a glow effect, but in real life you can only get glow if there's scattering media (such as dust or fog). If you look at a light bulb with your eyes, you will not see any glowing. This is why our lights don't really glow in KeyShot unless you use a scattering medium or another transparent material to diffuse the light.

jackynikola

Thak you so much for the help. I am in process of texturing. After I finish I will upload result so you can give me some professional criticism.

jackynikola

So I finished texturing and modeling. I would like to get some advice and criticism. I used just basic 3 panel light and rendered at 200 samples. There is room for so much improvement but I don't see it since am not that good in Keyshot. After everything is done I would have to do animation and make a complete commercial.