NASA inspired thermos design

Started by o9p, December 28, 2017, 02:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

o9p

Hello again guys! Working on a new personal project for a NASA themed thermos. Really inspired by the Apollo era tech.

Still not super satisfied with the materials, but as always, feedback is welcome.

Thanks,
o9p

Will Gibbons

Dang! That first exploded view is fantastic... and the little scratches on that bottom one looks awesome. I can totally see the anodized aluminum material... Great idea. I like how the exploded view reminds me of the ship opening up. Only nit-pick is the bottom image shows some odd shadow near the NASA logo. Also, white could be dialed back a tad bit.

Arian Shamil

Great materials and final renders...
As Will...I really love the first one :)
Great work

BillyBoyce

o9p

Quote from: Will Gibbons on December 29, 2017, 07:20:06 AM
Dang! That first exploded view is fantastic... and the little scratches on that bottom one looks awesome. I can totally see the anodized aluminum material... Great idea. I like how the exploded view reminds me of the ship opening up. Only nit-pick is the bottom image shows some odd shadow near the NASA logo. Also, white could be dialed back a tad bit.

Thanks Will. I'd like to do an animation with of that first shot with those parts sinning in their own little orbits, but I don't wanna think about the render time on that haha. As for that shadow, not sure whats going on there. Might be from the sketch wrap in solidworks? I need to go back and add threads to the screws anyway, so I can have a look over it then

Will Gibbons

Good luck on the shadow detail. I'd encourage you to pursue that animation! Metals render quite quickly and plastic/paint can render quickly toon.

Josh Richman

Fun stuff! Needs a crinkley gold foil bag or background.