Rhino 6 plugin live link not working:

Started by dn, January 28, 2018, 10:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dn

Hi,

every time i try to send my model over to keyshot, the bar stops and sits there indefinitely.

Does anyone have any insight as to to what the issue is???

Will Gibbons

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I asked a developer and he confirmed there's an update to their libraries. Hang tight and we'll try to address that soon.

dn

Thanks Will, much appreciated the confirmation.

sanpol

Any news? with the actual plug-in  no way to send file to keyshot as "dn".

Ben J amin

Hey.

I still have this Problem.
Actually I can not import any Rhino 6 files into Keyshot 6. (neither Livelink, import or drag and drop)

Is there still support for KS6?

dn

Hi, still can't even come close to importing rhino 6 files or using live linking in keyshot 7 from rhino 6.

I need to save as rhino 5, then import.

Is live linking from Rhino only a "pro" version?

Thanks

Laurence

I'll second that out.
Import from KS6 of a Rhino file works fine. Though any Live Link will end up with a stalled progress bar (though the interface itself is not frozen : I can still click on "cancel").

KS log file is useless : shows only the start+user cancellation :

KeyShot 6.3.23 Log File - sam. sept. 15 11:08:33 2018
==================================================
(11:08:06) Scene data is incomplete!

Question: can log verbosity level be changed ?

My KS6 is totally unusable this way. I'm sticking back to Rhino 5 + Live Linking to KS5. Why have I bought this update ?!?

Rhino 6.8.18240 + KS plugin 1.1.0.0 + KS 6.3.23

[edit after email with support]
QuoteKeyShot 6 does not support Rhino 6 through the plugin.

So you have a choice:

Downgrade Rhino to version 5.
or
Upgrade KeyShot to version 7.

Pretty clear answer to *my* situation (R6+KS6) ; version numbers got me thinking that it should work. It's actually not meant to be that way.

@dn I understand you're facing something similar with an actually supported combination of Rhino 6 and KS7 : I let the support guy know about this. That's one of the "solution" he offerred, better be sure it'll actually work  ;)

Arnaud

Hi

I was strugling with this problem (Rhino 6.8 and KS7) and found it appears after a layer is deleted in Rhino. The progress bar stops before the deleted layer.
You should try to save the model, exit Rhino, then re-load the model.
It's also possible to SaveSmall the 3D model, and reload it.