render time with my new AMD Ryzen 1950X / not Fast

Started by ramizramo, January 03, 2018, 06:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramizramo

Hi Guys, the forum is always helpful for thanks to all user for that.

I am jewellery designer and was using 7 years old i5 computer and was taking very slow rendereach render is 30 seconds and 1200 1200 quality. I have to take 10.000 renders (10.000 each day ) for prepair a catalog and I decided to buy a new super fast computer for taking my 10.000 renders everyday. and I finially bought a Ryzen 1950x computer, I added all technical details.

The problem is still I am taking renders same time. still is 30 second for just one (1) render. Can you help me for that how can I take more fast render as same quality? Maybe I have to change some settings?

I will be waiting you reccomends guys, I am sad because I paid around 3,300 usd and nothing did not change :/

Will Gibbons

30 seconds will always take 30 seconds. A Honda Civic driving at 60 mph and a Lamborghini driving at 60 mph will be just as fast.

I suggest using maximum samples, not maximum time. Find out what number of samples produces an acceptable look. If your old machine could render 10 samples in 30 seconds, your new machine can probably render 10 samples in 7 seconds.

Does that make sense? You should be able to achieve more renderings in one day at the same quality (number of samples) faster, using your new machine.

ramizramo

Thank you Will. What should I do the number? I dont want to lose quality, wanna be faster just.

Now writting 32 on here.

mattjgerard

Will is right, its behaving exactly as it should when using max time.

So, when using samples, you have to test. And test, then test some more. You should be able to find out fairly quickly  a setting that will work for the majority of your images.

Being a non-european, the decimal/comma thing confuses me, but am I reading that you have to do ten thousand images PER DAY?  I'm not even sure how that is possible.

Doing jewelry that in my mind contains lots of reflective metals and refractive gemstones, those are pretty time intensive renders .  using the render region window and the  HUD (H key) will allow you to box in the most complicated area of your render and watch the samples in the HUD. When the image looks acceptable, note the samples in the HUD and that is a good starting point to do some testing on full images.

And if you are fighting noise in some areas, don't discount the idea of using a denoising plugin in photoshop. There are many that can be automated, I use the Google Nik collection denoiser, and it works pretty good. ITs certainly faster than tripling your samples just to get rid of noise in a small part of the image. Just be aware that being too aggressive with it can take away the sharpness of the rest of the image.

Good luck!

Esben Oxholm

ramizramo

Guys thanks alot for informations. I did Matt's reccomends and little bit better now than the past. Also thanks alot for your patient explanations.  If you look the video You will see that I am taking stone renders from each side of the jewelery product, as sequent render. For metals, I am taking renders as manuel, for every jewellery product; I have to take around 200 250 renders for each a jewel piece. And need to take every day  40 50 jewel pieces, thats why I said I need to take 10k renders. And thats why I chooice Ryzein 1950x. I hope can find a solution. 

I uploaded 2 videos, each is around 10 seconds totally 40Mb. If you click the link the link can downland easly.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/fc1cba719d7602316dbfc3670f39c73020180103220021/6669b46767bb87f661ebac68a8da0bbf20180103220021/92266d

Gordon

Ramizramo, have you run the Keyshot Benchmark test yet?  That will tell us if your machine is working properlly or if you have a problem.