K7 - Can't import skp files

Started by IanT, January 30, 2018, 06:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanT

I'm a newbie... and confounded.
I opened an entire sketchup house this morning...now I cant open anything. What am I missing?
Here is what I did:
Open K7 from desktop icon;
Close the welcome screen;
Click NEW (a little flash box appears and disappears too quick to read as if something were supposed to happen but didn't)
Click import.. browse.. but it shows my browse folders as empty????
The dropdown filetype only allows bip ksp & zpr (whatever they are).

Any clues???

INNEO_MWo

What kind of KeyShot license do you use?
Could it be a bundled version with ZBrush?

Restart KeyShot and uncheck the Wellcome dialog. Now you can directly import the files in this scene.
Good luck

IanT

Thanks

It is bundled with IronCAD (USB Dongle license option).
- I have since uninstalled and re-installed KS... same issue.
- I have the same setup on my laptop... It works fine.

I have unchecked the welcome dialogue numerous times... Then click File/ IMPORT or File/ OPEN... to no avail.
See pic (first time here, hope it loads) of FileTypes it allows (only bip, ksp & zpr)...
On my laptop when I get to this stage, there are loads of 'File Types' available upon Import and Open....

I think I need some IT help?

IanT

Quote from: MWo on January 30, 2018, 09:51:16 PM
What kind of KeyShot license do you use?
Could it be a bundled version with ZBrush?

Restart KeyShot and uncheck the Wellcome dialog. Now you can directly import the files in this scene.
Good luck

Thanks again MWo... Further to my last reply (above)... I made a new discovery.
I just found out it is my IronCAD bundle USB dongle issue... here's why:
- If I start Keyshot without the Dongle... all files appear in the File Types {Import box)
- Trouble now is, although I can IMPORT a sketchup file (etc.) when I render it, the output is a watermarked trial version...

Where to now?
Is this an IronCAD issue (or could Luxion... Keyshot provide me with an activation code?)...
I paid darn good money for this package but with or without the USB dongle license the program is useless to me in its present state.

Looking foreward to learning to render!!!

Thanks
Ian

INNEO_MWo

I'm sorry to read this. But I have no solution right now. (we have no access to IronCAD)
Just send a mail to support@luxion.com and they will know how to handle this.

Cheers
Marco