Keyshot XR animation problem

Started by Arian Shamil, January 30, 2018, 08:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arian Shamil

Hi,
I'm having some problems trying to do an Keyshot XR of an animation....
When i've finished to render it, nothing will appear....there are not frames inside the files folder.....
Is it a bug?
if i create a normal XR (turntable or similar) it works, from the same file, if i try to create a XR from the animation, it doesn't work....it render it, but the frames are not inside the folder at the end....
Thanks
Arian

Arian Shamil

mattjgerard

Look for an AVI movie file somwhere ? Are the frames being dumped somewhere else? Double check to see if you have write permissions to the folder. Try rendering to the desktop where you know you have write permissions.

I've never rendered an XR that had an animation in it.

Can you try a simple one from scratch, jsut a cube that is animated up and down, then create an XR from that? Does that work?

Arian Shamil

I've already did a lot of XR.....everyone works except the one created using "animation" mode....
Can't understand why  :(

mattjgerard

I do know that in the render settings window, it will render out which ever tab you are on, so if you send the render from the "Still Image " Tab it will only render a still image even if there is animation in the scene, and similarly if you initiate the render from the animation tab, it will render the animation, so maybe if you initiate the render from the KeyshotXR tab, it will ignore the animation and render out the XR? Not sure, just guessing here :) Hopefully Will or Dries or someone will chime in.   

Eric Summers

Do you start from the XR Wizard? I usually start there and pick Animation and then go to Render Options, rather than going straight to the Render Settings window and picking XR (that might just be a personal preference though  :P). How many frames are you rendering? Could it be that once the render finishes and you click the check mark on the render window it is taking a long time to create the XR? Just a guess. I just tried an XR animation and it worked alright for me.

Hope you can figure this out, that's gotta be frustrating!

mattjgerard

Yeah, I just did a simple one with a cube moving up and down. It worked just fine, so not sure what is going on. Can you post a scene to look at?

Arian Shamil

The timeline was yesterday morning.... :(
Thanks anyway for your inputs....
yeah I've tried from XR wizard, as I always do....
I'll try to start from Animation and I'll let you know....I can't share the scene because it was a commercial project, sorry....
Thanks to all of you for trying to help me, I really appreciated it ;)

Arian Shamil

No way, it does not works..... i'v tried everything i could
this xr doens't works.... >:(
Probably is a bug....a turntable XR from the same scene worked perfectly....but the one from the animation doesn't work....