Path Animation Tutorial

Started by Fay Wray, February 02, 2018, 12:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay Wray

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. have followed the manual's tips to the letter and my path animation is still wonky! I use the walkthrough to save new cameras for each point but when I launch the animation the camera's twist gets in the way. It'll twist like 360 degrees sometimes before getting to the next point. When I clock on each of the camera's separately, however, there is no twist. It's just at 0° as it should! What am I doing wrong??? Couldn't find anything on the web except manuals and a test by Will Gibbons which looks really smooth! I need to understand this for a virtual tour of an interior design. Please help!

Will Gibbons

I have run into this myself and ended up just manually rotating the camera to compensate... it is annoying. I'm not sure what triggers it yet. I'll try to look into it and see what I can find.

Fay Wray

Will, thanks so much for replying! I was afraid of this answer though because I tried rotating the cameras manually but the problem is the cameras in geometry view won't move! When the move control points are displayed I can't grab them. the entire view just dollies... What am i doing wrong?

Will Gibbons

I have no idea... it works on my end. Right-click on the camera you wish to move...

Are you on the latest version of KeyShot?