Main Menu

Ad Work

Started by Paul Lang, February 03, 2018, 02:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Lang

Safari: Lots and Lots of grass. Probably the heaviest scene I've done yet in terms of geometry count. All grass and trees are physical geometry imported and textured in Keyshot.

Piano: The feather piano was very time consuming as group of aprox 20 feathers were placed manually in Keyshot, would be very beneficial to have some sort of scatter/instancing feature within Keyshot. Entire scene assembled in Keyshot.

Blowup Tree: All physical geometry and assembled in Keyshot.

Garage: Arms modelled in Zbrush everything else Keyshot.

bakutislinas

Oh man, I love the first two! 2nd one looks like a shot from some sort of commercial. What was it made for? Because it seems like there is better softwares for such a jobs, why You chosen Keyshot? I am interested in Your opinion because I myself always wonder which software is it better to learn, while Keyshot is only for rendering.

Paul Lang

I am a commercial Photographer/Retoucher (www.theorangeapple.ca) About 5 years ago we starting integrating CG into our workflow. Not being a modeller myself however I can do basic stuff. I outsourced all that as the time commitment to learn applications such as Max or Maya etc. was just not feasible. I have experience with shaders/renders and when I discovered Keyshot 2 years ago everything changed, I no longer needed external CG artists. It was super easy to learn and quickly integrated it into our workflow. Yes there are better applications for set up and other renders with more features but I really like the simplicity and the architecture for materials a lot. With just a few more features added to Keyshot it could become an industry leader.

KeyShot

Love it :-)

It would be great if you would not mind adding the features you would like to see on the wish list (of the forum).

Paul Lang

mattjgerard

FIrst off, I release you from the copyright violation on the wish list you made, stealing from my own wishlists is a forgivable offense as long as the requests come to fruition :) I have many of the same requests!

Second, on the first image, I feel your pain on the grass. I had to model a grassland gas/oil  field  and people don't realise how large the ground needs tso be to have a shot like that, and how many grass shoots need to be placed. I was modeling mine in  Cinema, and I tried all the scatter tools in other renderers but I ended up using a vegetation instancing plugin and rendering in internally in C4D. Scene was massive.

Very nice work, and your knowledge of lighting and composition shines through. Very nice.

Will Gibbons

Awesome images. Love all the concepts in there and well-executed renderings.

Hossein Alfideh

this just made my day.
really cool work!I like the blowup tree shot the most!thanks for sharing!