Animated bitmaps used as color textures

Started by JordiDash, February 12, 2018, 07:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JordiDash

Hey buddies,
I'm just trying to add a video or similar as a Color texture for an emissive material in order to simulate a working screen for a tablet presentation.
I'm not able to find the way (I did it before in VRay and LightWave).
Here I found a 2012 thread where it is said that it was not possible then (they talk about using an animated giff, so it's the most similar to a video format admited by keyshot when selecting the bitmap file).

Does anybody knows if it is possible nowadays with last versions?

Thanks a lot and have a happy rendering!! ;) ;)

Esben Oxholm

Hi Jordi.

If you select 'emissive' as the material type and go to the material texture tab, you can select the color channel and in the texture dropdown select 'video map'.

That should bring up a dialog where you can select a video or frames to work as the color map.

Cheers,

JordiDash

Hey Esben,
Thank you very much for your contribution.

That is KShot7, right? I was trying something like that in my job's v6.0 for MAC (Also through an emissive lol) but I didn't find the option.
Now I can check that the group "Image textures" is left in my list...

I think that is what I am missing...
Has anybody solved that in KShot 6?

Thank you again, Esben I really appreciate your information.

Esben Oxholm

Video maps are not supported in KS6, but perhaps it can be solved with some clever scripting?

theAVator

Sweet! I never knew this existed.

I just ran a couple quick tests and it's super easy to work with. I could see a lot of potential in this for like interior renders and stuff where you could do a fly thru in a house and have video playing on a tv screen or out a window or something, or mapping it to a ground plane with video of ground moving past to simulate speed and movement. So much potential!

3dpraxisstudio