KeyShot NL Annual Subscription

Started by chippwalters, June 29, 2011, 07:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chippwalters

Hi,

Last year, when I purchased a full copy of KeyShot, I also purchased the above mentioned KeyShot NL Annual Subscription. Since then, I have seen a number of free upgrades, which I assume were free for all who both did and did not purchase the Subscription. I'm wondering if by purchasing the subscription I will be able for a free upgrade to KeyShot 3-- even though it may be over a year since it was purchased? I suspect so, but just wanted to be sure.

Thanks,
Chipp Walters

guest84672

As long as you continue your subscription it will be included.

chippwalters

Thanks for your prompt answer!

A few more questions if you please,

1) is there anywhere which describes the subscription policy in detail?
2) am I notified when my subscription needs renewal?
3) what benefits have I received to date from purchasing a subscription, knowing that I did so about a year or so ago (I don't remember exactly off the top of my head) ? It seems like all updates have been free. Or, is the subscription only for major version updates?
4) If that's the case, then do you expect going forward there to be regularly scheduled version updates for subscription members each subscribe cycle?

PhilippeV8

guest84672

@chippwalters - with subscription you get phone support, access to our digital media artists, and preferred e-mail support. Furthermore you will receive nay new release of KeyShot that is being released during that year.

You will be automatically notified when your subscription is subject to renewal.

chippwalters

Thanks Thomas for another quick answer! FWIW, I'm a huge fan of KeyShot and have since recommended it to many resulting in several purchases I know of. I also sit on the Leadership Advisory Board at North Carolina State University College of Design, which has a reputable Industrial Design department-- and whom I've told to the virtues of KeyShot in ID. The questions I'm asking have also been asked of me, and until now, I didn't know the answer.

I still have a couple of questions. I never did find on the website anything actually defining the subscription. Is there an FAQ or thread post somewhere which tells me about the 'access to digital media artists' and 'preferred e-mail support?' In fact, when I purchased KeyShot + subscription I never received any word about the subscription at all.

I guess I'm still a bit confused somewhat regarding how this all works. If I am not interested in any other support other than the stellar support and help I receive on this forum, yet I do want to keep by copy of KeyShot current, what is the best way to go?

I see you sell upgrades (I assume from KeyShot 1 to KeyShot 2) for currently for $395. And, the cost of subscription is $200/yr. My purchase date was 9/24/10, so am I to expect there will be a KeyShot 3 before my subscription expires? Or would I need to purchase another $200 subscription in order to buy the update. If that is the case, am I better off just not purchasing a subscription and waiting until a new version is announced, then just paying the upgrade price?

For instance, I see it's been over a year since KeyShot 2 was released (based on your forum announcements). I know this is all confusing. I just went through a bunch of the same issues with e-on software's Vue product line, and they've committed to 2 subscription based releases a year, which, in their case, make their subscription definitely worth it.

Thanks again.