First time interior - Staircase

Started by Magnus Skogsfjord, February 08, 2018, 06:08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnus Skogsfjord

Hi all,

We're in the process of refurbishing a staircase, and we were discussing the color we wanted for it. In that regard, i suggested modeling and visualizing the staircase to get a feel for what would look nice. The stairs themselves is originally all dark wood, so we landed quickly on leaving the steps in the original color, but paint the rest white. As for the walls, we tested a few colors and landed on the three I'm attaching here. We ended up choosing Vert d'eau!

Any favorites?

Oh: Feel free to come with render-technical suggestions. It's the first time doing interior, which was a different experience than doing product shots.

Modeled in NX.

Will Gibbons

I think the blue one is the most calming. The beige is okay, but very neutral and the yellowish/green one (I don't see color very well) has some tension to it I think. A very personal thing though. I love how you gave us a dog/cat/kid's eye view.

NM-92

Saw these on Instagram. The coolest thing about this batch is the camera angle, for sure. My favourite is the blue one.

Benny L

Blue gets my vote too. I think blue just stand out more compared to the other two (But this blue isn't too bold that it's screaming at my face)

If you want to explore more, I'd look more into other similar kind of colors in that shade (something pastel?)

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Will Gibbons on February 08, 2018, 08:33:50 AM
I think the blue one is the most calming. The beige is okay, but very neutral and the yellowish/green one (I don't see color very well) has some tension to it I think. A very personal thing though. I love how you gave us a dog/cat/kid's eye view.
Thanks Will! We went with a blue that is a tad lighter than the visualized one, but it was really helpful to see the moods. I agree fully with your statements.

Quote from: NM-92 on February 08, 2018, 09:49:26 AM
Saw these on Instagram. The coolest thing about this batch is the camera angle, for sure. My favourite is the blue one.
Thank you Nicolas. I'm glad you liked it! The camera angle was almost the only possible one due to the tight space.

Quote from: Benny Lee on February 08, 2018, 10:28:41 AM
Blue gets my vote too. I think blue just stand out more compared to the other two (But this blue isn't too bold that it's screaming at my face)

If you want to explore more, I'd look more into other similar kind of colors in that shade (something pastel?)
Cheers Benny! Yes, I agree, it's the most soothing and inviting one. I was looking at the similar ones, and we went with a lighter shade of the blue one :)

KeyShot

Great lighting and great application. I like the blue as well. They grey is nice too.

imikej

Damn! We just painted all the rooms in our house. If I knew you did this.... So, one of the things that throws me off here is that the baseboards are telling me that your light temperature is changing. Maybe that is intentional. But, in terms of picking one. I'll be the contrarian. The blue one feels commercial. The middle/neutral one feels like your staging the place to sell. My vote would be go bold; go warm tones. Draws me in, makes me figure there's a good glass of wine at the top of those stairs....

Cool project!

Speedster

These are amazing!  I also prefer the teal blue with the ivory baseboard and railing, a classic combination.  And you really nailed the fabrics!
Bill G

feher

WOW !!! I love them all.
You are the Master.
Tim

Hossein Alfideh

This is it!the highest lvl on quality!
Love that blue paint really makes the whole scene filled with positive energy!
Great work as always magnus!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: KeyShot on February 09, 2018, 08:41:22 AM
Great lighting and great application. I like the blue as well. They grey is nice too.
Thank you! It was a nice little exercise indeed. Blue is the victorious one!

Quote from: imikej on February 09, 2018, 08:58:26 AM
Damn! We just painted all the rooms in our house. If I knew you did this.... So, one of the things that throws me off here is that the baseboards are telling me that your light temperature is changing. Maybe that is intentional. But, in terms of picking one. I'll be the contrarian. The blue one feels commercial. The middle/neutral one feels like your staging the place to sell. My vote would be go bold; go warm tones. Draws me in, makes me figure there's a good glass of wine at the top of those stairs....

Cool project!
Thanks a bunch man! Really appreciate it. That said, you already have the necessary skills to pull this off yourself don't you?:) It's the first time I'm doing it, but I have a feeling it won't be the last.

Quote from: Speedster on February 09, 2018, 01:12:54 PM
These are amazing!  I also prefer the teal blue with the ivory baseboard and railing, a classic combination.  And you really nailed the fabrics!
Thank you so much Bill! Means a lot coming from a veteran!

Quote from: feher on February 09, 2018, 05:54:04 PM
WOW !!! I love them all.
You are the Master.
Hah! I'm gonna counter that Wow with a wow(!) myself, from the man known as the master that means a lot!

Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on February 10, 2018, 06:51:06 AM
This is it!the highest lvl on quality!
Love that blue paint really makes the whole scene filled with positive energy!
Great work as always magnus!
Thank you for your ever encouraging words Hossein! I appreciate it so much.