It's all about the valve 2

Started by feher, July 02, 2011, 10:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

feher

Hi guy's Bill and Ed made some suggestions on my first attempt at a Valve assy. I listen and redid the image. It's the little things that make the difference.
Thanks guys for your help.
Keyshot, HdrLightStudio, and Photoshop for post work.
Model was from GrabCad from Zanoto.
Enjoy
Tim

Speedster

Hey Tim- "Done Deal"!  Stunning, ready for a full-page ad.  You even crowned the ends of the studs.  Good job!
Bill G

feher

Thanks Bill,
I can't believe it. My valve on the left is under the ground plain....rrrrrr That's what I get for rushing through this. I will have to redo it again so all my valves are on the ground. >:(
I'm usally not like this, overlooking stuff like that.
Tim

PhilippeV8

now that you mention it ... I hadn't noticed.  Well ... correct this and then it's just perfection.

guest84672

Ed

I like the new render.  Yep - I think adding a hint of color in the lighting made it less sterile and more life-like.

Ed

feher

Thanks everyone for the kind words.
Here is the final image. everything is fixed ....lol
Must start a new project now.
Enjoy.
Tim

PhilippeV8

Well this is just perfection.

It's interesting for the lot of us to have the 2-render image so that we can see what exactly changed having the color in the HDRI.  Thnx for that !

JeffM

Look at that subtle warm coloring. The tasteful texture of it. Oh my God, it even has depth of field!

feher

Phil and Jeff,
Thanks for stopping by and commenting.
Glad you liked it.
Tim

PhilippeV8

You know there's just 1 final thing that could make this even better ..... 3D glasses and a double render ... :D

Any plans for this in KS4 or KS5 ?

Josh3D

Love the rendering Tim! The texture is AMAZING. Ya know, you can upload renderings of GrabCAD models on the model page. http://grabcad.com/library/gate-valve-2-number-150

I linked back over to this thread down in the comments. The "Add a rendered image for this model" is at the bottom of the comment box.

feher

Thanks Josh for the tip. I was wondering about that.
I'm gonna do this on every model I use from there.  I found the names of the designers for the Radial Engine image so I have to update the thread.
Thanks again.
Tim