Anyone know a good Mixamo > Blender > Keyshot tutorial

Started by Lei, February 14, 2018, 08:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lei

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any tutorials regarding getting content from Mixamo then editing it on Blender, and the proper export setting so that all animation and materials is transferred into Keyshot for animation render?

ggibbon

Would be great as I tried Maximo which is good, but after downloading as fbx
the animation wouldn't come across with model into Keyshot. Any ideas
This is also the case from rigged file from 3dsmax.

Lei

Quote from: ggibbon on April 26, 2018, 05:55:49 AM
Would be great as I tried Maximo which is good, but after downloading as fbx
the animation wouldn't come across with model into Keyshot. Any ideas
This is also the case from rigged file from 3dsmax.

Hi,

I have played with it back then. The method that i have used is, importing the FBX file onto blender, then from blender exporting as alembic.

The alembic file will then be imported into KeyShot, it will have the animation, however it will not have any materials.

To add the materials, I save a normal FBX file from mixamo (T-pose, no animation), Import that into the same KeyShot file as the imported Alembic file. then i just manually transfer the materials over to the same parts (hair, clothes, etc).

I haven't fully learned blender yet, so my method is quite unorthodox. Surely there's a way to import from blender so that the, model, animation, materials all comes at once. Maybe someone who has read this post can elaborate for me.

ggibbon

Hi leirom

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a go later.

Jacqueline369

Mixamo is a 3D computer graphics technology company. Based in San Francisco, the company develops and sells web-based services for 3D character animation. Chase Login