Interior

Started by martinwahlberg, March 01, 2018, 03:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiarash.tamizkar

calmness,was the first thing that i saw in this beautiful render,well done

martinwahlberg

Oh what a compliment. Thanks

JimmyToTheBe

This is really nice, love the lighting reflections on the flooring. Always a difficult thing to get right with interior scenes.

martinwahlberg

Yeah thanks. I know what you mean. The floor textures are Poliigon.

Matt Hanzly

Nice job, I like the floors and the lighting.

martinwahlberg

martinwahlberg

I checked again and the hdri I ended up using is this one
https://www.pg-skies.net/products/hdri1912

And I did infact bump up the GI bounces to 250.

stefan marji

Great job done fast. Congrats !
Saw that post about how you did it , and could you tell a bit more about post processing ? At least about the wooden floor ? realistic wood was always hardest thing for me

martinwahlberg

Thanks Stefan.

Well I didn't do too much post work on this one. Added a hint of bloom around the windows. Tiny hint of Chromatic Abb. Added a backplate which I think I left too much saturation in. Apart from that I did basic stuff in Camera RAW filter like levels and such. I did one pass with making a few areas darker and other lighter. Can't really remember which ones, just balanced out parts that hurt my eyes.

When it comes to the floor. I used an old oak board texture which I really can't remember where I got it from. Might have been cg-source.com. The original diffuse texture was much lighter and I darkened it quite a bit. This is what the material graph looks like for that material.
It is really easy making floors stand out too much. That's at least my opinion. I use subtle bump and specular maps. But then again you need to fine tune it by looking from the final camera position and with final lighting too because sometimes it can be too subtle which is what I think happened with this image. I had to increase it a bit to make it visible with the light coming in from the left like that.

I wanted the floor matte and smooth looking almost like it was a layer of dust on it. I didn't add any dust I think I was just lucky that I got some of that "feel" to it anyway.
When you look at a close up of the floor I think the bump is too strong but then again what matters is how it looks from the chosen camera position of course.

Hope that was some sort of explanation of what I did :)

Thanks again.