Output .psd with ground shadows in separate layer?

Started by guest1395, February 16, 2018, 12:43:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest1395

I would need to produce a big bunch of images with and without ground shadows. Is there a way to set rendering so that it would create .psd with ground shadows being in their own layer?

I've tried with checkboxes in render settings but haven't succeeded so far.

I'm running Keyshot 7.2 Pro

//rami

Esben Oxholm

Hi 3dcad.

Look into the 'Render Layer' dropdown below the scene tree when you have selected a part. By adding your product and groundplane to separate render layers and enable 'All Render Layers' in the output menu, you should get them in your psd on separate layers.

Cheers,

guest1395

Thanks, I would have never thought about that..

Additionally I need to check 'Add to psd' option in render dialog to get both into same file.

I couldn't figure out how to add groundplane into 'Render layer' but when I added my product there it created two versions one with ground and one without - that's enough for this case.

//rami

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: 3dcad on February 16, 2018, 03:34:02 AM
Thanks, I would have never thought about that..

Additionally I need to check 'Add to psd' option in render dialog to get both into same file.

I couldn't figure out how to add groundplane into 'Render layer' but when I added my product there it created two versions one with ground and one without - that's enough for this case.

//rami

Great. THat is good.
To able to add the groundplane on a render layer you need to add it in as actual geomtry by going to edit > add geometry > add ground plane (or hit ctrl/cmd + G)

CHeers,