360 degree pano VR... How?

Started by PB81, February 23, 2018, 02:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PB81

I know how to make a turntable vr animation and export it to a server, but I'm not sure how to make a sort of virtual tour 360 degree where the camera rotates on an axis... much like a google maps street view where you stand in one spot and you can rotate around to look at the environment around you. How would you do this sort of vr export in keyshot? It's for a house scene in the living room and I want to be able to look around it.

INNEO_MWo

This is not an animation. Just place the camera in your scene and set it to panic mode - and if you want with stereoscopic view with a cube map and side-by-side mode (for a seated VR, just like street view)

Hope that helps.
Sorry for the short form - written on a mobile

Cheers
Marco

TGS808

Just in case it wasn't clear, Marco meant Panoramic mode for the camera, not Panic mode.   ;D

INNEO_MWo

Quote from: TGS808 on February 24, 2018, 08:49:04 PM
Just in case it wasn't clear, Marco meant Panoramic mode for the camera, not Panic mode.   ;D

Ah, funny. I wrote pano mode and autocorrect made it.

TGS808

Quote from: MWo on February 24, 2018, 11:23:24 PM
Ah, funny. I wrote pano mode and autocorrect made it.

The dreaded autocorrect. At one time or another, it has bested all of us.  ;)

Mario Stockinger

We use krpano to create the tour and the vr tour builder to to the rest of the editing

You should use at least 10k x 5 k resolution for your pano rendering.

INNEO_MWo

Quote from: Mario Stockinger on February 26, 2018, 01:05:52 AM
We use krpano to create the tour and the vr tour builder to to the rest of the editing

You should use at least 10k x 5 k resolution for your pano rendering.

Can you share an example (maybe the URL to an official pano?) ?

How do you share your panos with a customer?

Thank you
Marco

Mario Stockinger

Krpano has a local testserver you can use for testing or when you copy the VR tour to a laptop and visit a customer.
Or you can upload the vr tour to your webserver.

Maybe we will Upload  VR tours to our public website, but normaly we use Keyshot to render panoramas and screenshots  of the  production facilitys we build for
our customers so they can get a feeling what they will get. Our sales department show the VR Tours to our customers.

My last project was a VR Tour with 40 panoramas and  a maps view for all production lvls . I also linked photos from the facility when it was finished so the customers can compare the planning with the
final result.

https://www.krpano.com/
https://www.krpanostore.com/

I don't want to deal with editing the scripts thats why we also bought the VR Tour Builder from krpanostore. It's a nice tool and you can create nice VR Tours.