Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus : UFO

Started by DevMatt, February 19, 2018, 06:57:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMerz III

:o dope, now that's some hard surface modeling there. Looks great!

mattjgerard

This stuff really is amazing. I'm curious aboutyour workflow, how much pre-production you do? I have been involved in long drawn out (but productive) prepro processes where everything is storyboarded, dozens of hand sketches, approval rounds and parts design before the model even goes into the modeling process. I've also seen people that just sit down and start modeling coming up with stuff that is already in their heads, and putting into the model. Sort of a free form modeling session that can go for hours straight until they run out of ideas or coffee:)

DevMatt

It the last one
This complete thing was done in 4 days. Most of it was just designed in the moment

Will Gibbons

I think my favorite is the machines on the track. Impressive as everyone else has said.

cjwidd

There are 7 images posted above. Are you saying all of that content was modeled in 4 days?

Speedster

Stunning work!

But I'm personally disturbed by your use of a swastika.  Hope you don't plan to publish these in Germany, where the swastika is prohibited.

Bill G

mattjgerard

Quote from: Speedster on February 28, 2018, 10:54:44 AM
Stunning work!

But I'm personally disturbed by your use of a swastika.  Hope you don't plan to publish these in Germany, where the swastika is prohibited.

Bill G

The Swastika is a common symbol in the game pertaining to the Nazis that have taken over, and the hero is fighting against, from the original version throughout, so it probably will be in there. Not sure if they sanitize it if its published in germany or not, would be interesting to find out. I haven't played since  way back in the day, and it was pretty intense back then.