Jewelry render by keyshot / Using no HDRI, just lighting

Started by raminnsh, February 28, 2018, 09:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raminnsh

Hi everyone,

I did some renders with Keyshot and I love them. Want to know your opinion about them and how can I make them better and more realistic?
I didn't use any HDRI, all is just lighting setups.
I really would like to use some better small scratches on metal or even finger print on the metal to make it more realistic. any texture for those scratches you suggest?
Ready to hear you opinions :)

Thank you in advance
Ramin

alialbdri

They look quite realistic. Well done.
I do not know why you want to add scratches, unless you want to show them as old rings but do not over do it.
fingerprints will be nice too
by the way for the jewelry stones did you use certain settings?

raminnsh

Thank you so much!
You are right about scratches, But I was thinking maybe there is some bitmaps for scratches which looks more realistic. I actually used some scratches on metal surface, but they are not still what i want.
About stones, No I didn't do any special setting. They are Keyshot basic gem materials. The important thing is the lighting. I just used default Keyshot HDRI and I added lights to the scene.
It takes longer when I add lights than using HDRI. But the result is much more better for me. My system is not very strong too (i5 CPU) and the render took like 40 mins.

alialbdri

I've noticed the scratches some places look much though. 
You can try to find on google there are a lot of free ones "scratches alpha".
In Keyshot map and place it the way you like, use either box, planer or use tri-planer texter node.
To reduce render time check the render/lighting settings sometimes we drug the sliders without the need for high numbers, find a sweet spot that is good and fast. try to use image region to render small region before the full one.
The lighting looks good. just to add some interest maybe add some kinda ground that's related or foreground and background elements out of focus.

raminnsh

Thank you all advises are very useful.
I searched for scratches on google too much, but couldn't find something comes out good. I think I should try and make something custom made.
The sliders as you mentioned can help the render time comes down. I will try other amounts as you mentioned.
I totally agree with you which other items mostly out of focus can make the image more realistic and I am going to try it, Thank you for advice. Those images I made for my online shop and mostly customers expect to see the model without crowded scene. But for making some advertising images putting extra models as you mentioned can make it so much exciting and realistic.
Thank you for all advises!!!

Speedster

Well, I don't see anything wrong with these- they are superb!

Maybe try for a tad stronger shadow detail.

Also, do try the "Ramp Ground Plane".  Or make your own, with the backside mapped differently then the front.  Then try "Frosted Glass" on the top, and Chrome or other on the backside.  Gives you amazing options for shadow and reflection.

Good job!

Bill G

cjwidd

raminnsh

Thank you so much Bill!
Thank you for all your advises, They should look amazing, I will try them.
I already used Ramp Ground Plane, but not for Keyshot, I just made in Rhino and export to Keyshot. The reason that I didn't use extra models and materials in image, because I use those images in my online store and customers like to see simple white background, so they can focus on model not the environment. Also if the color of metal change then they will blame that the real model doesn't look like image. But the ideas you gave me is what I really like to try and for sure it makes those images beautiful. Thank you so much again for making time and giving great tips!
Cheers!

raminnsh

cjwidd, Thank you so much for positive energy :)
Cheers!

Will Gibbons

I think the bottom image is my favorite of the bunch. Good job!

raminnsh

Thank you so much Will  :) I like the last one more as well.
Let me know if you have some idea to make it better

DMerz III

raminnsh

Thank you so much David  :D
I will put the render images later (Kidding haha)  ;)

Josh3D

JoseLuisCastro

Hi Ramin, Why don't you make some tutorial? I would like learn how to do something similar like that.