Label Texture Placement Fine Tuning - UI Improvement Desires

Started by br3ttman, March 01, 2018, 09:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

br3ttman

I'm still trying to get used to the new label placement positioning icons in KeyShot 7.  I sure like the functionality, but the icons are so large I can't distinguish my label from geometry I'm trying to place it on.  For example, I wanted to center a power icon on a round button, and I didn't want it necessarily concentric, but fine tuning was hard to visualize because of the translate, rotate, and scale icons.  They overwhelm the view.  I'm able to turn-off the 'Translate' and 'Rotate' icons, but not 'Scale' boundary box. 

Here are some suggestions for UI improvement on label texture placement:
-  Decrease the weight of the 'Scale' icon cubes and line by 50%
-  Add some clearance space around between the 'Scale' icon boundary box and the actual texture, a good 15% to 20% clearance, and/or give me the ability to turn off the icon altogether like with 'Translate' and 'Rotate'
-  Allow me to use arrow keys for fine-tune adjustments (x and y) like is so common in graphics programs like Photoshop and Illustrator.  Even further, allow me to hold 'Alt' and use the arrow keys for micro adjustments.
-  Allow me to position the pop-up placement window outside of the camera viewport.
-  Consider adding the adjustment sliders and numeric entry cells to this pop-up window.  I like spreading out my interface with the project window on a separate monitor, so it'd be nice to have these controls right when and where I'm using them in alongside my camera viewport.

INNEO_MWo

Hello.

Maybe you didn't noticed that you can toggle the arrows and circles in the dialog of the move tool. As well you can use the position icon and just click on the final label position and drag (holding LMB) slightly until you're happy. And in the settings of the label you'll find some extra U and V transition where you can move the label by slider and number input.

I know we want programs to work like the other we know. But the current way to work with labels is very handy. (Even that the depth value is zero (meaning infinity depth) by default.

Hope that helps

Cheers
Marco