Main Menu

Hide/Show

Started by PeterSwift, March 07, 2018, 04:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterSwift

Show/hide is Extremely unstable. I can usually hide, but I cant use show so often. Nothing happens when I click it(the eye icon changes sometimes and sometimes nothing) but the hide/show function won't work, So I usually need to "show all" and then go through and hide everything again that I had hidden before.
That's also a second problem that I had on the wish list for a while. Be able to have locked object inside a model and still be able to duplicate it. These two problems together is a big pain in the ass.

I have had this problem for a long time, and it's just wierd that no one else knows about it so it gets fixed. Or it it happening to someone else as well? Wonder if it's just too complicated for the everyday keyshot user to report bugs.

EDIT:  I use Keyshot 7.2.135

theAVator

I'll second the show/hide issue. I've only noticed it in version 7 though. I never had trouble in previous versions (5 pro, 6 pro floating). I had just attributed it to my model or something and not an actual bug as it seems to happen intermittently - I figured it was a product of the large models I have and possibly the amount of memory that's being used. 

mattjgerard

*raises hand*

Yep, i mentioned these 2 exact things a long time ago,I hope they get dealt with. The show/hide thing is pretty random, it seems to crop up under a certain combo of groupings under groupings or something. The locked item duplicate thing is annoying as well, I'm always using the Hide and Lock function, and if they would just make a shortcut key for hide/Lock that would be awesome too.

Hey all you coders at KS- ya'll are awesome overly smart brainiacs that somehow make this awesome software even more awesome every version. I can't begin to understand even how a computer knows what I am typing let alone how to render and deal with this sort of magical genius-ness. Keyshot is really becoming to act like a mature software app, these are those little workflow things that make us picky bastard artists happy, and we thank you for considering our humble requests.