animate environment ?

Started by PeterSwift, March 08, 2018, 01:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterSwift

I have an issue, Im not super experienced with animation but im doing one side of the product then rotating the product 180 and showing the other wide. But the lightning hits it differently but I cant move the enviorment to fix it, becouse then i make the first view before i rotate look bad instead.   Kinda tricky. I don't know all the work arounds.  I guess i could rotate the camera instead but the camera rotation is more limited and i like the look of rotating the model.

Any advice?

Will Gibbons

I mean, this is how something will work in real life... if you place a product on a turntable, the environment does not move and thus, if the model is asymmetrical, the light will fall differently across its surface as it turns. Your options are to also animate the camera as you said, or create physical lights, turn the HDRI brightness to 0 and rotate the physical lights with the model.

INNEO_MWo

You can split a 180 degree move into let's say 150 degree movement of the model and 30 degree move of the camera to change the position relative to the lighting/environment. Both movements have to run at the same time, otherwise it could look weird.

And I like Will's idea using physical lights. Cause intensity of the light can be animated, too.
Maybe a combination would work.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Marco