Grey line around Label

Started by sKnopp, March 10, 2018, 02:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sKnopp

For my lack lack of knowledge in Keyshot, I ended up placing two labels with the same color partially on top of each other. The result is being a grey line/shadow ad the edge of the "upper" label.
Is that working as intended or am I doing something wrong?

PS: Yes I know the general plan adding these type of different colors/textures is to create that as different material/color in the CAD software. However that is not an option for me, so I'm trying to figure out a workaround.

Added a oicture example of what I mean. The resolution of the label is not good, since it is just show what I'm talking about.

INNEO_MWo

Sorry that I can not help you.
What do you want to achieve?
Do you have any example that presents the correct result?
What have you tried to achieve your workaround?
Can you share a screenshot with a lil more information?
Maybe you can share the label you want to map?

sKnopp

I am trying to apply a selective painting on a complex form. So basically the shown area should be seamless white, as if it were a single label, instead the grey line and the border of tha label that is on top.
My problem ist, that the form of the product is not even close to one of the projection types box/cylinder/cube ect. The only other option that I see (aside from doing it in the CAD software) would be to create a UV-Map, but then I might aswell do the entire rendering in the program I use for the mapping.

So my attempt was to create several planar projected labels which slightly overlap each other. So far it is working quiet well, if it weren't for the grey border of the upper label. The labels themselves are simple .png with pure white at the point in question.

INNEO_MWo

Then the reason may be in the label graphic file. Perhaps the alpha channel isn't correct?!
Can you share the label graphic file?

sKnopp

This is a bit emberrasing. So far it looks like this is a display thing in the editor. I cannot spot the grey line in the actual rendering. Sorry for appearing with a half-tested problem, which turned out to not be as problematic as it looked.