Master bath remodel (updated image)

Started by Speedster, March 08, 2018, 03:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Hi all;

After we bought our new house in Santa Fe, New Mexico, four years ago, the first order of business was to design and contract out a new large studio addition for Geri, and a full kitchen remodel.  I've shared these here in the past.

The last thing was to remodel the master bathroom. Frankly, a real challenge!  The SolidWorks design was straightforward, as was the rendering.  But making Geri happy- that was the hard part.  I can't tell you how many changes we made!

So here's the final Design Freeze, rendered with Interior Mode due to the IES and Emissive lights on the mirrored Kohler medicine cabinets.

This not only proved out my design, but is the master guide for our contractor.  And right on our $15k budget!  And again proves the value of KeyShot in visualization!

Bill G

Josh3D

Nice design, Bill! What tub did you go with? We're looking for something similar :)

Speedster

QuoteNice design, Bill! What tub did you go with?
Thanks, Josh!

Choosing a freestanding tub is a real challenge, but it was our only option.  When our home was built in 2008 the spec developer ran out of money (the "crash") so he left out the tub and floor drain.  When we built Geri's studio addition on the other side of the rear wall, we had a large sink plumbed in behind the vanity, and the plumber ran a drain line from the stack over to near the shower wall, down low. 

So I had to elevate the tub on a platform to clear the drain and P-Trap.  A rectangular tub would require a large step which then impeded traffic flow through the bathroom.  So we decided on a free standing, on a diagonal.  The platform is 8.5" high.

Then the search began!  We settled on a tub made in California by Hydrosystems, called the Daniela. Soaker only, no air or water jets. 58" x 30" x 20" high.  $3000 from our dealer.

The vessel sinks are Puro, from Cross Water.  Vanity is called SoDo, from Strasser, a great line of designs.

I can send you the SW14 models by PM if you could use them.

Bill G

Josh3D

Nice choices on all of them. Cool to see Hydro systems has models of their product too. Thanks for the lead on that. Ours will be on a platform too, but because we're replacing a drop-in and don't have the tile to match the floor - so building a teak platform for it to sit on. Think it'll look nice!

Speedster

All models are mine.  Hydrosystems does not have models.
Bill G