Lamborghini Centenario

Started by stefan marji, March 09, 2018, 12:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stefan marji

Hi there Keyshoters.
This is my first render take on Centenario Lamborghini and my first upload on forum.
I know that some textures should be added to get more realistic image but this is as far as my laptop could go...
From other hand if there are obvious errors or render mistakes be free to comment and to help me out to make better renderings .
Or what would you add here to make renderings more interesting or realistic ?
Maybe Photoshop tips or etc ? Tnx !

Magnus Skogsfjord

Hi!

Welcome to the forum! It's a great start in my opinion, and the car itself looks really nice with that black/gun metal paint. Did you model it yourself? The geometry looks smashingly well done.

I have a few pointers, since you asked for it:

The thing that "bugs" me the most would be the surroundings in this series. Particularly the ground in the two last images, where the "stripes" comes off as parking spot lines, and makes the car looks very small.  Secondly, it seems you have used the Camoflage node to mix two asphalt textures. This is a technique I'm using often myself to reduce potential texture repetition effect, but i think it may be enhanced by using the "spray" function to better blend the two textures. It also seems like the one of the textures are a bit too large, making it slightly blurry. Adjusting the brightness and contrast level in the two textures to further make it blend in a bit might also do the trick.

Secondly, the side view shots has some of the same things that bug me, but I would also consider removing or reducing the brightness of the numbers behind the car. My eyes are immediately drawn to these numbers instead of the sweet looking car.

Again, great start! Loving the car materials.

stefan marji

Thank you so much for update. I will defensively try out to get the best of  your tips and tricks abut the textures.
My goal was to try to create renderings using keyshot only ( no background images just environments and materials ) so it is still tricky for me to blend the scene with main model. As for white lines yes you are right now it looks like a toy for me also not as real size model ( had some idea about that big airplane tracks or similar , to make a graphic contrast but I will work on this also ). As for the model I have found that Lambo on grabcad.com ( it could be downloaded for free and it has realy great surfacing model inside with all the details ) . You really have sharp eye and you did help me a lot . Thank you!!!