Keyshot not keeping Camera views after Solid Edge files update (ST 10 + KS 7 )

Started by Flavio Hilario, March 14, 2018, 11:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flavio Hilario

Started to update an old Keyshot file, and after update the Solid Edge file linked to it, all cameras changed inside KS window, even when in 'locked' state ... And strangely, the values of Position, Orientation and Perspective are intact.

Tried to duplicate the 'old' cameras ( done in KS 6 version), but they act in same way ( the camera view changes )

Any ideas how to solve this issue on this new versions and integration between SE and KS ? As I'm doing new versions of old renderings, the Cameras should be the same ( settings and viewport )

*Already updated to KS 7.2 and using SE ST 10.

Thanks

BR

Flavio Hilario

I'll quote what I wrote to colleagues in Solid Edge forum ...  If someone else noticed something strange about it, or has some good news about a fix, feel free to comment.

"  It seems the Keyshot plugin is doing some kind of change in the model inside the renderer from Solidedge after the Render Update ... most of times it rotates 180 degrees at Z (Solidedge) axis, but depending on what you do inside Keyshot before click the SE Update button, it rotates the model in a weird way.  In the first example in the attached image ( left side = before the Render Update ...  right side = after the Update from SE window), can see only the SE model was afffected. The other objects ( from another keyshot file imported to the scene) are really intact. It proves is not a camera bug. The bug is more related to SE model inside the scene. ( or something that ST10 or the plugin do differently of previous versions - I beliee in some coding conflict)

I reported the error at the 'Bugs and Issues' forum of KS, but no answers yet.  Anybody else here on 'SE world' notices that strange thing when updating an old file (KS and SE) to the new softwares versions? Unfortuantely is not good idea to get back to Keyshot 6, because I've been saving some scenes already (new materials, cameras, etc) in KS7. "

Flavio Hilario

- Uninstalled both ( Solidedge ST10 and Keyshot 7 ),  deleted the Luxion folder inside Registry ( HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Luxion) , used Cleanup tool (for Solidedge) and CCleaner ( possible temporary and registry garbage )

- Installed SE ST10 and KS 6.1

- Things keep strange ... the objects position behaviour still happening ...  :'(

Some examples on this video https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArCsO8vnYMx-tLZUTEBCdGvIy3xVNg

PimM94

I have the same problem while using Rhinoceros (5). It won't update the model either. Any tips?