Black Screen when using maximum samples or specific time

Started by falco, March 20, 2018, 09:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

falco

Hi,

When I try and render my scene via maximum samples or time I instantly get a blackscreen, where as when I use advance render I can see my image in front of me slowing getting better and better.

Please see attached screenshot. Why does this happen?

Thanks,

TGS808

From the screen shot it's clear that you're rendering a pretty big image (and I'd guess, probably a high amount of samples too). It also looks like it's only been running for 4.2 seconds and has only reached .12 % of completion (at the time of your screen shot). If you let it run for a little longer, it will show up. It may take a bit of time but as it gets closer to 1% the image will appear and you'll see it start "getting better and better" like you're used to.

falco

Brilliant, I really appreciate your help. That has fixed things!

Cheers,

Mark

mattjgerard

I can't get mine to show anything in any circumstances. I use the NR 95% of the time, so its not a huge deal, but even using Advanced render settings, it won't show up, even when the render it complete. I talked to support about it once, they mentioned graphics drivers, and I'm up to date I never heard back from them. I hardly use it, but its a bit odd having it not work for some reason. I don't want to do the uninstall/reinstall dance just for this :)

falco

Thank you for the feedback, it seems to be very temperamental half of the time.

TGS808

Quote from: mattjgerard on March 21, 2018, 05:51:40 AM
I can't get mine to show anything in any circumstances. I use the NR 95% of the time, so its not a huge deal, but even using Advanced render settings, it won't show up, even when the render it complete. I talked to support about it once, they mentioned graphics drivers, and I'm up to date I never heard back from them. I hardly use it, but its a bit odd having it not work for some reason. I don't want to do the uninstall/reinstall dance just for this :)

Wow, that's strange. I often use a network to render as well but there plenty of times when I use the "render in background" option on my single machine. I've never had the image not show up at all while rendering. That would really be annoying as there have been times when I've set a high sample rate (higher than I needed) and when it got part way through I could see it was good enough to stop and save. If I couldn't see it, I'd just have to let it run to completion, which in some cases, would actually be double the time.

mattjgerard

Quote from: TGS808 on March 22, 2018, 09:32:56 PM
Quote from: mattjgerard on March 21, 2018, 05:51:40 AM

Yep, which is exactly why its annoying. I find I am rendering local when I just need to re-render a section or region. I'm still working with support on it, I dropped the ball on getting back to them about it because I've been swamped at work, and the NR is working well enough.

Wow, that's strange. I often use a network to render as well but there plenty of times when I use the "render in background" option on my single machine. I've never had the image not show up at all while rendering. That would really be annoying as there have been times when I've set a high sample rate (higher than I needed) and when it got part way through I could see it was good enough to stop and save. If I couldn't see it, I'd just have to let it run to completion, which in some cases, would actually be double the time.