Main Menu

Translation,Rotation,scale

Started by PeterSwift, March 21, 2018, 02:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterSwift

I'm gonna keep spamming this forum if that's alright ;)

This is something I been thinking of quite some time. I want to be able to move and scale exactly the same way when I have multiple model groups selected.
It's quite frustrating when the functions get grayed out! I'm sure it's for good reasons, stability and what not. Still, it's something I would love to be able to do :)

Keep it up! :)

mattjgerard

Agreed, I'll join in the fray on this one. Scaling and nested axis handling is a little on the weak side in KS. I'm spoiled by other 3D modeling programs that can handle nested local axis and can handle scaling and rotating of multiple objects and groups. I think this is one of those underwhelming not-exciting things that needs a bit of love.

Furniture_Guy

Doesn't this have something to do with putting things in a group in the scene tree?

Perry (Furniture_Guy)

mattjgerard

Quote from: Furniture_Guy on March 21, 2018, 07:59:51 AM
Doesn't this have something to do with putting things in a group in the scene tree?

Perry (Furniture_Guy)

You can group everything, modify it, then ungroup it, but would be so much easier and intuitive if you could just grab a number of objects and modify them without having to go through the (rather tedious) process of creating a new group, then ungrouping.

INNEO_MWo

And what values should be printed in the table if two selected objects have different positions?

mattjgerard

Quote from: MWo on March 21, 2018, 12:27:07 PM
And what values should be printed in the table if two selected objects have different positions?

The numbers should reflect the center coordinates of the 2  two objects.  Its how Cinema, 3DS max and Maya (I think, can't verify right now) work. When two or more objects are selected, KS should act as if they are temporarily grouped just by the action of selecting them. And for scaling, the current scale is reset to 1, and can be scaled up or down from there with all objects being scaled proportionally to each other.