Newbie Render Questions

Started by WayOutWest Multimedia, April 05, 2018, 11:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WayOutWest Multimedia

Loving Keyshot,

I'm trying to get product shots for our company. I've got our models done and placed our lables on the bottles, but when I render them I've tried using the highest preset as jpg and some of the smaller print is still very pixelated. Not sure what I'm doing wrong or if I should be trying a different render type like TIF.

Also trying to figure out how to succesfully render a white bottle with some gloss. Again, newbie so not sure how I would place a "backplate" so it looks like the product is in the image.

Any direction to an appropriate tutorial would be awesome.  I'm going through a Lynda.com course on Keyshot as well.

Thanks.

mattjgerard

https://www.youtube.com/keyshot

Is the place to start for tutorials, so head over there and take a look through the vast library.  The label issue might be the resolution of the label graphic itself isn't large enough. They need to be large and high quality to render out nicely. Found that out the hard way, just like you are :)

The white gloss bottle will be a tight combination of materials (one of the glossy paint white preset materials will be a great starting point) and lighting. I find that lighting is the tough one, when the material seems to be set correctly I need to focus on lighting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu1xTYYC-Mg

is a good one for labels-

WayOutWest Multimedia

That's perfect! The labels are pretty decent sized, but I'll keep trying and watch a grip of videos in the meantime. Again, loving keyshot.

mattjgerard

You will get there. I've come a long way from a year ago when I first started using keyshot. This community on the forum is seriously the best forum I've ever been part of in terms of help and support. It certainly is one of a kind. If you really want to see your progress, create a your own post that you can upload images to over the course of the year and see how you progress. You will elicit tips and comments about your work as well, and its really neat to see the progress. I look back at mine and shake my head, but I understand that I went from 0 knowledge of HDRI lighting 1 year ago to what I know now and its amazing the difference.  Good to be able to show the bossman progress as well, and the time I spend on here and watching tutorials and doing personal projects really does have a positive impact on my work.

WayOutWest Multimedia

OMG just experimenting with HDRI lighting already made a huge difference in the product shots.

I've attached the last render and I'm amazed.  I just need to experiment on how to make more complex backgrounds like a display case or something.

Loving Keyshot!!