Main Menu

Hover Car

Started by Magnus Skogsfjord, March 21, 2018, 03:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnus Skogsfjord

Hey,

I've spent a few hours lately modeling a hover car in NX. I've always wanted to model a car, but I've yet lacked the patience to really sit down and work on those surfaces. I was challenged by designer Carl Andre Nørstebø to model one of his many sketches (the sketch is attached) for the matter, and the result is below. The greatest challenge was to fit in the gaps that wasn't uncovered by the sketch (front and rear etc). I guess there's a bit simpler surface job than an actual car since I didn't have to worry about the wheels on a hover car, but it was still a nice little exercise. I might pick up another car in the future.

In retrospect, I've noticed a few areas that would have benefited with some extra patience and care, but all in all I'm satisfied with it, and I hope you like it too.

Cheers,

Pouya Hosseinzadeh

You've got some interesting work there! This concept is so fabulous! Especially that reflect on windshield and hood on first shot! Love it!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: PouyaHosseinzadeh on March 21, 2018, 03:34:25 PM
You've got some interesting work there! This concept is so fabulous! Especially that reflect on windshield and hood on first shot! Love it!
Thank you man! Nice of you to say :)

kiarash.tamizkar

i like the your modeling and your clear render well done to you dear magnus.

Will Gibbons

Man, Magnus. These are gorgeous. I really appreciate how fleshed out this is. The attention to detail makes it look very real and believable. I really dig this.

mattjgerard

Really nice. Very organic looking shapes. Just missing the little Jetson's poots coming out the back :)

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: kiarash.tamizkar on March 21, 2018, 05:00:38 PM
i like the your modeling and your clear render well done to you dear magnus.
Thanks a bunch man! Really appreciate it :)

Quote from: Will Gibbons on March 26, 2018, 11:06:25 AM
Man, Magnus. These are gorgeous. I really appreciate how fleshed out this is. The attention to detail makes it look very real and believable. I really dig this.
Thank you Will! I wanted to give it a lot of details, and at the same time preserve the concept feeling. I'm happy you noticed!

Quote from: mattjgerard on March 26, 2018, 12:06:50 PM
Really nice. Very organic looking shapes. Just missing the little Jetson's poots coming out the back :)
Thank you! hah, that's very true! It should totally have that as a more cartoonish version.