Rhino 6 not supported

Started by germannick, March 26, 2018, 07:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

germannick

I am just testing Rhino 6 (.3dm) and realizing that the shaded geometry is not read by keyshot (7.2.135). STEP files work just fine. Saving one additional files is just  >:(
In Addition, the Keyshot plugin for Rhino live linking also does no longer work.

Are those issues beeing worked on already?

DriesV

Hi Nick,

We are working on a plugin for Rhino 6, which is currently being tested and quite close to being released.
Direct import of Rhino 6 .3dm files will be supported in KeyShot 8.

Dries

germannick

hi Dries,
thanx for  the info. Do you already have an aproximate date or Keyshot 8?

Alxen

germannick

Quote from: DriesV on March 27, 2018, 01:16:46 AM
Hi Nick,

We are working on a plugin for Rhino 6, which is currently being tested and quite close to being released.

Dries

Any ideas when the plug-in will be finalized?

martinsiegrist

I have an issue with the latest Rhino 6 Keyshot 8 plugin. It doesn't transfer materials correctly once I have materials assigned in Rhino. Parts with no materials are sent to Keyshot with their layer color as material. As soon as I use the command SynchronizeRenderColors in Rhino, Keyshot imports all my parts with just one material called (unnamed). Please help, thanks

martinsiegrist

Quote from: DriesV on March 27, 2018, 01:16:46 AM
Hi Nick,

Dries

It doesn't work properly, please help!

Rex

Hi Martin,

Are you able to share an example Rhino file with us with SynchronizeRenderColors that we can have a look at?