Main Menu

My first rendering

Started by mpraska, March 28, 2018, 06:15:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpraska

This is the result of my first rendering using KeyShot. The model was created using Inventor and exported to step format because the .iam file was too large and complex to directly load into KeyShot.

I'm pretty happy with the result (as well as many departments in my company)! Can't wait to learn some new techniques at RenderWorld this year!

mattjgerard

That looks great for a first go! That dark paint is always tough to look good, I deal with a lot of black products, and getting the highlights to zing off the edges to make them pop is hard to figure out. If the bosses are happy then you are doing great! I've been on Keyshot just over a year, and my renders have come a LONG way with the help of the people on this forum.

See you at RenderWorld! I'll be there as well. Cheers!

mpraska

Quote from: mattjgerard on March 28, 2018, 06:24:36 AM
That looks great for a first go! That dark paint is always tough to look good, I deal with a lot of black products, and getting the highlights to zing off the edges to make them pop is hard to figure out. If the bosses are happy then you are doing great! I've been on Keyshot just over a year, and my renders have come a LONG way with the help of the people on this forum.

See you at RenderWorld! I'll be there as well. Cheers!

Thanks, it was tough with all the darkness. Most of what we make here is off-white so that seems to be just a difficult, especially trying to keep the edges from blending into the background.

I was a bit skeptical posting here, but after seeing all the positive comments from other users I thought I'd post a few things to get some feedback and learn how to do a much better job!

mpraska

Here is a later project I did, I started to play around with emissive lighting and trying to make the operator screen look like a touch screen and not a decal.

Eric Summers

Quote from: mpraska on March 28, 2018, 02:33:34 PM
Most of what we make here is off-white so that seems to be just a difficult, especially trying to keep the edges from blending into the background.

Take a look at this blog post from KeyShot: https://blog.keyshot.com/2016/improve-white-product-renderings-with-keyshots-color-gradient-texture

I do a lot of white on white renderings and this really helped a ton! The longer I use this technique I find little things I want to tweak, but it really is a fantastic starting point. Hopefully it helps you out!