3D toad study (render)

Started by kiarash.tamizkar, April 02, 2018, 01:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiarash.tamizkar

as a creature artist i always study on different species,like reptiles,amphibians,insects, ....this is a speed sculpt that i did last night as a practice in zbrush and render in keyshot...thanks keyshot for your fast and powerful render engine.<3

TGS808

This is a speed sculpt?? What's it look like when you take your time? Because this is awesome!

mattjgerard

Do you record timelapses of yourself doing this? I like to have stuff like that running in the background when I'm working, they are interesting and keep my head in the game when I'm working. Seriously, how long did it take you to do this?

leo de brito

Mate, the only thing I can say about it is... Wow!!

kiarash.tamizkar

Quote from: TGS808 on April 02, 2018, 02:28:25 PM
This is a speed sculpt?? What's it look like when you take your time? Because this is awesome!
:D oh thanks buddy,yes its really a quick sculpt at midnight

kiarash.tamizkar

Quote from: mattjgerard on April 02, 2018, 02:35:37 PM
Do you record timelapses of yourself doing this? I like to have stuff like that running in the background when I'm working, they are interesting and keep my head in the game when I'm working. Seriously, how long did it take you to do this?
thanks my friend :D no i didn't record any timelapse for this study, the goal was understanding anatomy and learning skin structures and texturing ( testing some of my tips for multi layer texturing ) and quick retopology and baking maps so if i recorded i couldn't share it in net yet ;)

kiarash.tamizkar

Quote from: leo de brito on April 02, 2018, 03:58:43 PM
Mate, the only thing I can say about it is... Wow!!

thanks a lot dear leo  ;)

cjwidd

srsly +1

Can you talk about how you went about texturing this asset? Polypaint?

kiarash.tamizkar

Quote from: cjwidd on April 04, 2018, 12:04:09 AM

srsly +1

Can you talk about how you went about texturing this asset? Polypaint?

thanks buddy, yeah its just polypaint but in several layers,in this way we can divide creature skin colors to several main color and add them on the skin details that we sculpted before in different layers also you can use any ideal textures and mix them in layers to receive a suitable result so artist can control how much each layer (color with different patterns or textures ) have to influence on final skin.