Flex animation import?

Started by PeterSwift, March 13, 2018, 02:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterSwift

I know you can import some types of animation from Modo for example.
But what if I have a Solid model similar to this beats X let's say.
And I want to do an animation like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVJypGs2TMI
How do I do the "flexible" animations and import it to keyshot, if that is possible?

Can I import a solid model into a program like (modo) convert som parts of the model into flexible, animate it.  Export the animation to keyshot and render it out?  Or do I need to create the part in that program that i want to be able to flex?

How would you solve this ?
What program do you recommend?

Will Gibbons

Most of the animation can be done in KS with a rigid CAD model.

All the flexible stuff needs to be done in say, MODO (or similar program).

You'd need to import your 3D model, (maybe convert it to a mesh if it's coming from CAD), then animate it in MODO using various animation tools. Then, export an Alembic (.abc file) and import into KS.

If you do this properly, the animation will be added to KeyShot's animation timeline. From there you can do your materials, lighting and rendering in KeyShot.

Esben Oxholm

What Will said.

Quote from: PeterSwift on March 13, 2018, 02:52:46 AM
Can I import a solid model into a program like (modo) convert som parts of the model into flexible, animate it.  Export the animation to keyshot and render it out?  Or do I need to create the part in that program that i want to be able to flex?

You might be able to import the mesh in a way that lets you bend/flex it, but for optimal results I would suggest you to model the flexible part in the animation software to make sure you have a prober mesh flow that supports the flexing.