Material Moves when updating

Started by Paul Lang, April 10, 2018, 07:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Lang

Have been experience this weird behaviour when updating a texture or label material. Make a few changes in photoshop then hit refresh in the materials properties and the material scale and position changes. Been dealing with it by reseting and starting over wast of time really. This time however I can't afford to start over as I have rendered and delivered the first one to client and printed. I am working on a beverage shot, its a can and the beverage has several flavours. Easy breezy just add a multilateral and swap the base texture for each flavour nope! it resize and repositions the label why is this. All the can labels are made in the same psd file and saved as pngs. they all have the exact same dimensions. I have also tried making a new model set and doing a straight replace of the texture and the exact same thing happens. It is critical that all the labels are the exactly same on each can. Other than righting down exactly each perimeter and re-entering manually not sure how to fix this. Help.

INNEO_MWo

Which version of KeyShot do you running?

Paul Lang

Most current version, 7.3.39. Don't think that's the issue though as the problem has been there from first release of 7. Other weird things lately too is duplicating an object  the duplicate defaults to the original imported location and when you try to move it, it snaps right back. And one last thing today on the file I have been working on for the past two days has been fine until about 2hrs ago whenever I double click on a material to edit it, Keyshot crashes and quits. Select material/edit manually same thing. Select Material/Material graph and it works. Very strange.

INNEO_MWo

Have you ever tried to map the PSD file as a label? That would make updates even easier.

Paul Lang

Thats not the issue here, updating artwork for labels and textures is pretty straight forward. There are both a base texture and a label on the object. Shared my file with Keshot support today and it is definitely a weird bug or some corruption within the file that may be caused by restructuring items in the scene tree. Moving items around in the scene tree should cause textures or objects to go crazy.

Thanks