Main Menu

Material Editor Pan

Started by cjwidd, April 12, 2018, 04:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjwidd

Plain and Simple, it would be nice to be able to pan around the material editor graph. Please :D

mattjgerard

You can't? I just tried it, and I can. I made a dozen nodes, and can click and drag around back and forth up and down. Now, its locked in a weird way, you can only pan around like that if there is a node off the edge of the canvas. Not like photoshop in full screen mode where you can pan around no matter what the zoom level is. In the MatGraph, as soon as all the nodes are on the screen you can't pan around.

Eric Summers

It does feel weird not being able to pan all the time. Even if all the nodes are on the screen, I like to be able to pan to center on whatever node I'm looking at. Especially when I need to have the MatGraph window very small.

cjwidd

Right, mattjgerard has characterized the functionality properly. It's strange, to me, to not be able to pan arbitrarily regardless of zoom level like 3ds Max or UE4 material editor.

cjwidd

Just tried Keyshot 8 Beta and noticed this feature has not made the cut. I would like to politely request this feature be reconsidered for adoption in the Keyshot 8 candidate release, please.