Sun & Sky for Interiors

Started by cleeuw, April 27, 2018, 03:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cleeuw

Hiya - I am hoping to get some feedback about using the Sun & Sky environment settings to partially light an interior.

To my understanding, by setting the Sun & Sky position (in my case, Berlin Germany, 2pm for example) it should simulate a sun in 1 position, entering my model. However, I am seeing multiple light sources entering as you can see from the shadows of the window frames in this realtime image.

Am I missing something? Why are there these multiple light perspectives from so many angles?

Will Gibbons

Something isn't right. The thumbnail in the HDRI editor should show a sun and sky scene. It looks completely white to me. Not sure how you ended up with that, but try applying one of the 'sun and sky' HDRIs from the KS library into your scene, then edit it.

Right now, there's light coming in from all directions (as shown by that all-white HDRI)

cleeuw

Thank you for that! I think it was showing as all white because I had the brightness up quite high for that scene.

I am unfortunately still having the same issue here - the Sun & Sky environment is enabled, but I still seem to have multiple light sources. Any ideas why this is happening?

Does it have something to do with the high Turbidity level?

Esben Oxholm

A few questions:

1. How long has the scene been res'ing up?
2. How many samples are you at. Hit 'H' on the Keyboard to show the HUD with those information.
3. Are you using interior rendering mode?

Jikkk

I think nothing is wrong with your lighting since Interior Mode behaves this way with the few first samples. Let the scene rest for more samples and KeyShot will calculates it right.