Chromatic Aberration

Started by BenJ, April 21, 2018, 05:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenJ

Hi all,

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I just can't get chromatic aberration to output on any of my renders. I'm not with my computer right now so I will need to describe the issue, but will provide image examples later.

I turn the effect settings on, bump up the chromatic aberration slider to 1-2 and the preview looks great, but when I hit render the output doesn't show the aberration at all. It's as if the setting isn't on. If I cancel the render and look back at the preview, the aberration is still there in all it's RGB glory.

Is there another setting that I am missing? Do I need to be tweaking the individual RBG values? I've updated KeyShot to the latest version and tried many different files and have still had no luck.

I've searched online but haven't found much related to this specific issue with KeyShot. Maybe Esben can make a tutorial showing how he gets his aberration so nice ;D

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ben.

Esben Oxholm

Hi Ben.
Seems like there's some issues with the effects at the moment: https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=21197.msg90034#msg90034

Not sure if I'm the 'Esben' you are referring to, nethertheless I always add these kind of effects in Photoshop. Chromatic aberration using the Lens Correction filter :)

Cheers,