Oslo Rubik, walking in Oslo.

Started by zooropa, April 22, 2018, 02:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zooropa

HI I was experimenting a little bit with a model that I prototyped and printed few months ago. My idea of walking always the same 1200 m after moving from Buenos Aires to Oslo. It seems I traveled 12000 km to change 1200 meters. These are the 6 facades that I recall more from my morning routines...

I was trying to participate in Renderweekly, but I think the week for cloudy is over. Anyways still want to share.

I explored a lot different Esben tutorials and tried to mix different insights he gives on different videos. Really fun. I am quite surprised about the speed of cloudy materials in KS.

Will Gibbons

I like how this turned out. Nice job!

zooropa

Thanks Will! (nurbs mode off hahha)

Magnus Skogsfjord

Well I'm surprised and potentially jealous by the fact that you think cloudy materials is "speedy"! It means I should seriously swap out my hardware now.

That aside, this looks cool! Which region of Oslo is this by the way? I live here myself :)

Also: I get a proper "inception" feeling by this piece.

zooropa

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on April 24, 2018, 05:54:07 AM
Well I'm surprised and potentially jealous by the fact that you think cloudy materials is "speedy"! It means I should seriously swap out my hardware now.

That aside, this looks cool! Which region of Oslo is this by the way? I live here myself :)

Also: I get a proper "inception" feeling by this piece.

Hi Magnus I follow your great work. Super neat CGI. Nice hearing from you.
I live in Gamle, but moving hahah towards Grunnerloka hopefully. The Rubik is based on the buildings closer to the Art Academy (KHiO).

Cheers man

Esben Oxholm

Looks cool and a pretty cool concept.
Would be a neat architecture gift-shop thingy. A rubik cube with facades in different architectonic styles on each side.

Cheers,

zooropa

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on April 24, 2018, 06:11:19 AM
Would be a neat architecture gift-shop thingy. A rubik cube with facades in different architectonic styles on each side.

Cheers,

Thanks Esben you were a big part of the process. It could be a nice souvenir. I printed in 3D and works quite neat. Took me a while to understand how to make it rotate smoothly. Here a pic:

Will Gibbons

Holy crap! That's impressive.

Use your renderings to make a nice box for it and start selling it!

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: zooropa on April 24, 2018, 06:28:30 AM
Quote from: Esben Oxholm on April 24, 2018, 06:11:19 AM

Cheers,

Thanks Esben you were a big part of the process. It could be a nice souvenir. I printed in 3D and works quite neat. Took me a while to understand how to make it rotate smoothly.
Wow, that's awesome! Impressive.

zooropa

Thanks Will and Esben. I really appreciate it !