backlighted textile / fabric material

Started by fortechs, April 19, 2018, 05:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fortechs

Hi guys,

maybe one of you professionals can help a rookie like me out: since quite a time i'm trying to create a material like a backlighted fabric, with a little "light bloom" around.

All my results are not what i want... Please have a look a my attachement, it should look like this.

Thanks in advance,

kind regards

Will Gibbons

Is the attachment a photo or rendering? I do not see any bloom.

My suggestion is to do the bloom in Photoshop. Here's a simple procedure I often use:

1. Duplicate your image layer
2. Increase the brightness/contrast to better isolate the light areas
3. Apply gaussian blur
4. Reduce opacity as desired on blur/bloom layer

fortechs

Hi Will,

thanks a lot, i will try that in photosop... Dont you think there is a possibility to do it in KeyShot?

The attachment is just a photo :)

Thanks in advance!

Will Gibbons

Quote from: fortechs on April 19, 2018, 11:12:29 PM
Hi Will,

thanks a lot, i will try that in photosop... Dont you think there is a possibility to do it in KeyShot?

The attachment is just a photo :)

Thanks in advance!

There's a bloom function in KeyShot. It's under 'Effects' in the 'Image' tab in the Properties panel.

If you try it, you may find that you like it, but I think it's a bit indiscriminate when it comes to what it blurs. My suggestion allows me to only make the bright areas glow.

Without using the blur effect, lights in KeyShot do not create glow/glare effects.

fortechs

Thanks a lot Will! Its good for me to know, that there is no bloom function at any light material, so now i can stop trying :)

Have a nice day...