How to continue KeyshotXR rendering from middle frame?

Started by jerry51311, April 01, 2018, 11:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerry51311

I have 162 frames totally, but for some reason I have to stop the rendering at frame 15.
Is there anyway to continue the process from frame 16 to frame 162(KeyshotXR)? If yes, it can save a lot of time.
Thanks!

Will Gibbons

Quote from: jerry51311 on April 01, 2018, 11:05:29 PM
I have 162 frames totally, but for some reason I have to stop the rendering at frame 15.
Is there anyway to continue the process from frame 16 to frame 162? If yes, it can save a lot of time.
Thanks!

Sure. In the render dialogue, click 'animation' to view the render animation properties. Click 'frame range' and render the frame range you want.

When you're finished, you need to make sure all your frames end up in a single folder and are named identically and sequentially. Then you can compile them using another program to save them as a video file.

jerry51311

Quote from: Will Gibbons on April 02, 2018, 08:01:43 AM
Quote from: jerry51311 on April 01, 2018, 11:05:29 PM
Is there anyway to continue the process from frame 16 to frame 162? If yes, it can save a lot of time.
Thanks!

Sure. In the render dialogue, click 'animation' to view the render animation properties. Click 'frame range' and render the frame range you want.

When you're finished, you need to make sure all your frames end up in a single folder and are named identically and sequentially. Then you can compile them using another program to save them as a video file.

Thanks for your reply!
Sorry I didn't describe my question clearly. I know the method you mentioned.
But in KeyshotXR, how to continue the rendering from the middle frame?
Can KeyshotXR render the frame range I want like animation do? Or is there any way to do that?
Sometimes I have to restart rendering from the beginning.

jerry51311

Does anyone know?
It can really help me and my team a lot and work more efficient.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: jerry51311 on April 11, 2018, 06:45:55 PM
Does anyone know?
It can really help me and my team a lot and work more efficient.

This should be possible.

Set a 'work area' on your timeline by dragging the 'time in' and 'time out' flags.
Then in the XR render settings choose 'Animation Frames' and 'Work Area' and it should be possible. See image.

jerry51311

Quote from: Will Gibbons on April 13, 2018, 08:17:27 AM
This should be possible.

Set a 'work area' on your timeline by dragging the 'time in' and 'time out' flags.
Then in the XR render settings choose 'Animation Frames' and 'Work Area' and it should be possible. See image.

I usually don't use animation to create XR, I use horizontal and vertical frames in smoothness control(see image).
Is it possible to solve the problem that I've encountered?

jerry51311

Quote from: Will Gibbons on April 23, 2018, 06:47:59 AM
As stated before, click on 'animation frames' and specify your frame range. That should work. If the XR wizard doesn't create an animation on your timeline, you can always create it yourself and set your output parameters.
Thanks...I know I can create animation then set the work area, but I don't create animation, I use tumble in XR wizard window. So there's no animation in timeline. I just don't get it :-\

Will Gibbons

Quote from: jerry51311 on April 25, 2018, 06:01:21 PM
Quote from: Will Gibbons on April 23, 2018, 06:47:59 AM
As stated before, click on 'animation frames' and specify your frame range. That should work. If the XR wizard doesn't create an animation on your timeline, you can always create it yourself and set your output parameters.
Thanks...I know I can create animation then set the work area, but I don't create animation, I use tumble in XR wizard window. So there's no animation in timeline. I just don't get it :-\

My apologies. I misunderstood. I now see what you are speaking of. If you are unwilling to use the method suggested before, then I don't think you can render only a part of the tumble XR. Sorry about that.