Main Menu

Holtoons v2

Started by Chad Holton, March 01, 2018, 08:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad Holton

Hello! It's been a while since I've posted here.

Here's a little teaser for you. Flames and model were created in Blender. Rendered with KeyShot 7. A pinch of PhotoShop was used as well.

Still working on my website but you can find the animation of it here: https://www.chadholton.com/holtoons

Will Gibbons

I remember this series from a while back! Cool.

Chad Holton

Thanks, Will!

Currently doing a toon of a 54 Dodge pickup for a friend and decided to rust it up a little. Model created with Blender.

Chad Holton

Polished it up a bit.  :D

Magnus Skogsfjord

Hah, I love these. I loved your previous ones too, but I feel this one has a particular extra glow/punch compared to the others(?) I'm talking about the red smooth version one in this sense.

Chad Holton

Thanks Magnus!!  :)  It may have a little more contrast than the others, is that what you mean?

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Chad Holton on April 19, 2018, 05:12:47 AM
Thanks Magnus!!  :)  It may have a little more contrast than the others, is that what you mean?
No, well, yes, but I think the model pops so much on this red version. The contrast might be one thing, but the materials themselves looks so crisp and accurate, from the tires to the paint job. It just has an extra 10-15% that makes it really pop in my opinion :)

Will Gibbons

The headlights on the rusty one are buttery-smooth. Killer.

Chad Holton

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on April 19, 2018, 06:19:03 AM
No, well, yes, but I think the model pops so much on this red version. The contrast might be one thing, but the materials themselves looks so crisp and accurate, from the tires to the paint job. It just has an extra 10-15% that makes it really pop in my opinion :)
[/quote]

Thanks Magnus for clarifying and the compliment - you made my day!  :)

Quote from: Will Gibbons on April 19, 2018, 08:26:11 AM
The headlights on the rusty one are buttery-smooth. Killer.

Thanks Will!  8)

Dominic Fasino

Whoa these are cool! They remind me a lot of old graphic design teachers drawings. He was really big in the hot rod scene his name was Lance Sorchik.  If you need any inspiration there are a bunch of his drawings online along with a few of his hot rods he built!