Image resolution won't go higher than 923x519px

Started by Nyrxor, April 27, 2018, 03:41:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nyrxor

Hello everyone

I just updated from Keyshot 6 to Keyshot 7, has I was trying to set the image resolution to a bigger size so I can work fullscreen, only with the Library and Project windows open on each side, I tried bigger presets like 1920x1080, but it updates to 923x519, if I try  1600x1200, it updates to 800x600. I even tried doing a custom but the same happens.

My laptop screen resolution is 1920x1080, it should have worked fine.

mattjgerard

The resolution that shows is the exact size of the real time window that will fit in the interface. If your max screen resolution is 1920x1080, and you set the  Image size to that, it can't happen because there are pixels being used for the rest of the interface, so it will reset itself to the largest it can without encroaching into the rest of the interface.

If you want your final render to be 1920x1080 then you can dictate that in the render settings image size dialog. Then it will render that specific pixel size.

For example in my workflow, my main screen max resolution is  2560x1440 but  the dimensions of my working real timeviewer window is limited to 1240x1240 because of the amount of tabs and user interface items that I have on screen too.  I render most of my images out at 2500x2500 though, so that is set up in the render window when I go to output. Does that make sense?

Nyrxor

Yes, it makes sense, and thanks for the help by the way.
But why does the resolution width doesn't go until the interface border? You can see it still has some room.

What I want is to have the maximum resolution possible on the real time window, I understand in height it will still get some grey area, altough in width it can go until the interface and I can't manage to do that.

Even with all the tabs closed, it won't go bigger than 923x519px

mattjgerard

Yeah it should be able to grow to the edges. It would be nice (FEATURE REQUEST!!!) to have a "go to full screen" shortcut like photoshop and other apps, that takes the main window to full screen as big as possible. The fact that it won't go any higher than that is something I haven't seen before, might need to have Will or Dries or someone comment on that, but in the meantime I'd email support@luxion.com to see if they can answer as to why that is happening.

Chad Holton

Looks like your resolution is locked at that size, based on  your first screenshot.

Nyrxor

It's not locked because it can go lower, but it won't go higher than that  :(

Chad Holton

Make sure it's unlocked and hit the maximize button twice. This will unmaximize (not sure of the correct term) and then maximize KeyShot again. I've ran into this before with certain scenes and then starting a new one. It will try to stay locked to the previous resolution, even though it's not locked. This should make the realtime window as large as it can go. Hope that helps.