Random Renders (Added Packaging)

Started by Matt Hanzly, March 05, 2018, 08:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Hanzly

Two projects I have been working on. Credenza was just working on different lighting setups.

For the fly fishing lure was learning how to render hair/fur. Also used it as an opportunity to learn the basics of blender. Hair in solidworks is too tedious. If you have any suggestions on hair material setup and tips on building hair CAD please let me know. 

Will Gibbons

They both look pretty nice! Thanks for sharing.

Matt Hanzly

Matt Hanzly

Reworked the credenza scene to give more of a story and depth.

Matt Hanzly

Been working on this on and off for a while. Trying to a render that the object is impactful enough it looks good on its own. I feel sometimes I clutter the screen with different objects that its hard to focus on one thing. For the lighting I started with a blank HDRI and added two pins.

Matt Hanzly

Detailed View

Matt Hanzly

Testing out building packaging out of solidworks. Usually build dielines and 3d export out of artios but the artios 3d exporter models come out rough with the bends and faces sometimes not lining up. Built this in solidworks and modeled the flutes. Usually just use a label for them when exporting out of artios, but I think they look better modeled especially on close up shots.

Magnus Skogsfjord

That's really cool! It got this puffy-ish softness towards the edge there. Sweet!

mattjgerard

Looks pretty good! I just finished a project that I needed to model the inside of the corrgated cardboard myself, I could not find a good high quality texture map that worked, so I made my own. The edges did not look as good as this, and one detail that you nailed  that i missed was that the top and bottom of each curve is slightly flattened. I used a simple extruded formula sine wave for the insides. I want to go make some tweaks now!

Matt Hanzly

Matt Hanzly

Hi Matt, did you crush the flutes on the edges or was your fluting more pristine? Ideally I would crush some of the flutes to make it more realistic but need to find an easier way to build that into the CAD. For my flutes I just drew one and patterned the sketch in solidworks. 

Quote from: mattjgerard on April 30, 2018, 05:46:47 AM
Looks pretty good! I just finished a project that I needed to model the inside of the corrgated cardboard myself, I could not find a good high quality texture map that worked, so I made my own. The edges did not look as good as this, and one detail that you nailed  that i missed was that the top and bottom of each curve is slightly flattened. I used a simple extruded formula sine wave for the insides. I want to go make some tweaks now!

mattjgerard

I didn't end up crushing them at all. They are just perfect sine wave shaped. See the attached image. I'm not as closeup on the edge as you are, so its not as huge of a deal, but its those little details that help with the look of the image. That extruded sine is created with a formula, and I'm sure there is a way to modify the formula to squash the peaks, but since math isn't my strong suit, I'll leave that for later, or I might try a squash and stretch deformer next time.