Main Menu

demon wip project

Started by leonardo reis, May 06, 2018, 10:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Oh My God!  Sorry, but OMG just does not do your work justice!  These are absolutely amazing!

QuoteThis style reminds me of a photographic technique using a rig called a "Hosemaster". They were able to get that glow that you are achieving.

I agree- many of your renderings remind me of photographs taken using the Hosemaster lighting system.  It was invented by Aaron Jones, considered among the top three product photographers in the world, with clients like Rothschild Winery, Harley Davidson, BMW, Rolls-Royce and the like.  He had a huge, fully automated studio complete with darkrooms and a color processing lab, located here in Santa Fe, New Mexico. He proofed on 4x5 view cameras, and created his beauty shots on 8x10 and 16x20 Linhof view cameras. His work should be an inspiration to all of us!  He's retired now, which is like hearing that Michelangelo retired from his art!

I designed and prototyped the Hosemaster system back in the late 1980's, when we had first moved to Santa Fe.  Simply put, it used a set of "light wands" and attachments, on a long flexible glass fiber-optic cable, using a high intensity light source. You turned off all the studio lights, opened the shutter, and simple wandered around "painting" the subject with light.  Camera saw only the light, not the photographer.  Many exposures lasted several; hours!

Your "garrafa", "jack" and "no-coador-e-mais-forte" images are spot on for this photographic style!  Superb work!

You (and others) will enjoy learning more about the Hosemaster at these sites:

http://aaronjonesphoto.com/

Clay Ellis is a noted photographer, and was Aaron's Studio Manager and primary assistant at the time.

http://www.clayellisphoto.com/

Also, I did a bit of work attempting to emulate the Hosemaster concept, and shared it here on the forum...

https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=13834.msg69607#msg69607

Thanks so much for sharing, and keep them coming!  Don't worry about Google Translator- we all speak the same KeyShot language!

Bill G

leonardo reis

thank you so much, friend!!!

leonardo reis

more demon tests

leonardo reis

another and another testes

leonardo reis

hi friends...
15 minutes setting tests

leonardo reis

environment fun

Eugen Fetsch

Very impressive portfolio. 

RRIS

I hate to be 'that guy', but I think the image processing completely dominates your work (the image borders, overly shallow dof, chromatic abberation, pushed contrast, etc.).. and  not always in a good way. Understand that I'm picking on something specific here, because your modeling and texturing are excellent. But I do think that this specific look can pull your work down instead of push it. Think of the renders of cars, or that track..
I'd say ditch the image borders, post slightly larger renders and put some serious thought into what you want to show in a render and if you really need that filtered look.

DMerz III

:D wow that is quite a range of work! You've got a great style in your modeling/sculpting ability. Great hand skills!

I somewhat agree with RRIS, with the overly processed look on some of the image. I think it works for some, but in others, it does take away from how beautiful the modeling/texturing/lighting already presents itself. But, that being said, it's your work, do what you think is best!

I am very envious of how talented you are with your geometry, keep it up!

leonardo reis

I love being this guy... but the question does not go up or down the renders, the question is to exaggerate even, create something beyond reality, forced, fake, metaphysical ... but anyway, grateful for your opinions

rembem

leonardo reis

a school boy