Bath remodel; Rendered vs. Real

Started by Speedster, May 08, 2018, 08:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Finished our master bath remodel, which I designed in SolidWorks, and posted contractor renderings of earlier.

Thought it would be interesting to compare the viz render with as-built.  Pretty darned close!  We changed a few dimensions, like the tub platform to clear the plumbing, and the travertine tile with neutral grout for the KS "tile", and the tub faucet handle locations.

First image is the rendering.  2nd is as-built. Last is the clay for no reason.

The third image is interesting.  When having to fit a model into a backplate, I often duplicate the model and apply an "Orange (or other color) Glass" to it. I use the actual photo as a backplate.  Quick and dirty trick!  Note that, in KeyShot 7, you will not have the duplicate dropdown option available if any of the parts are locked.  Odd, and I hope that gets changed!

FYI:  The "Stallions" painting is by my wife Geri's cousin, the late Billy Sosa Warsoldier, a noted artist and Native American activist. In the as-built, the ship is one of my giclee prints of the Medea. 

Bill G

Finema

Ji
the 1-Gould MB Remodel.jpg  is awesome
Great job !

Magnus Skogsfjord

It's really cool to see the comparison render vs as-built. Pretty darn close indeed!

INNEO_MWo

Quote from: Finema on May 08, 2018, 08:28:21 AM
Ji
the 1-Gould MB Remodel.jpg  is awesome
Great job !

I guess this is the photo from the real environment.
As you can see in the glass version overlapping the real bath.

Nice job!!!