Does not contains 3D geometry

Started by Pesho, May 10, 2018, 08:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pesho

Hi, I have tried to open a part in keyshot but getting a message saying:
Your model Does not contains 3D geometry. And I should export a polygonal data from solid work. How do I solve this problem?

I am usin keyshot 7
Solid works 2017

Eric Summers

Are you using 7.3.40? In earlier versions of KS7, importing geometry from SolidWorks didn't work right.

Pesho

No iam usin 7.2

You mean i should update it?

Eric Summers

Yes, try updating and see if that fixes it for you.

Pesho

RRIS

Sorry, didn't know where else to ask this, but our office is planning to roll out SolidWorks 2018 soon. We're on the latest KS (7.3.40), should we be ok?

Eric Summers

Quote from: RRIS on September 25, 2018, 08:08:21 AM
Sorry, didn't know where else to ask this, but our office is planning to roll out SolidWorks 2018 soon. We're on the latest KS (7.3.40), should we be ok?
Yes, we're on SW 2018 SP4 and my KeyShot is up to date and I have no issues. Don't forget to update to the newest version of the plugin too.

RRIS

Quote from: Eric Summers on September 25, 2018, 09:10:58 AM
Quote from: RRIS on September 25, 2018, 08:08:21 AM
Yes, we're on SW 2018 SP4 and my KeyShot is up to date and I have no issues. Don't forget to update to the newest version of the plugin too.

Thanks for the speedy answer! That's good to hear.

ManonPrst

Hello,
I'm using the latest version of keyshot (updated it right now to 7.3) and solidworks 2018 and i get the same message saying "Your model Does not contains 3D geometry." how do I solve this?
Thanks for your help!

Eric Summers

Quote from: ManonPrst on November 27, 2018, 02:14:58 AM
Hello,
I'm using the latest version of keyshot (updated it right now to 7.3) and solidworks 2018 and i get the same message saying "Your model Does not contains 3D geometry." how do I solve this?
Thanks for your help!

Is it a part or assembly? If it's a part and all the bodies are hidden, KS won't register the file as having any geometry. Same thing if it's an assembly (all suppressed or hidden parts), otherwise I'm not sure why you're getting that error.

ManonPrst

Quote from: Eric Summers on November 27, 2018, 01:23:35 PM
Quote from: ManonPrst on November 27, 2018, 02:14:58 AM
Hello,
Thanks for your help!

Is it a part or assembly? If it's a part and all the bodies are hidden, KS won't register the file as having any geometry. Same thing if it's an assembly (all suppressed or hidden parts), otherwise I'm not sure why you're getting that error.

Thanks for answering. I've tried assemblies and parts and I get the same message even if no parts are hidden.  When I save them as STLs they do appear properly in KS.

adelenez20z

There is probably a bug in the version of keyshot you are using.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dịch vụ quyết toán thuế cuối năm, dịch vụ quyết toán thuế, dịch vụ quyết toán thuế cuối năm