Colour issue with Keyshot, Photoshop & the web.

Started by mikejb, May 10, 2018, 09:15:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furniture_Guy

But wouldn't the color profile be stripped out by the action of copy & paste?

Furniture_Guy

Color profiles are essentially large lookup tables (greatly simplified). That's why you have to 'assign' one so the program (Photoshop) can know what the 'numbers' are. 'Convert to Profile' is just converting one set of 'numbers' for another. That's why I don't understand why the image changes when you select 'Embed Profile'. sRGB numbers to sRGB numbers should not change...

mikejb

I'm just confused as to - if I have the Photoshop workspace set to exactly the same color space as Keyshot supposedly works in - why the rendered keyshot images should effectively change colors when imported into Photoshop?

If the original Keyshot rendered image/worspace is sRGB, and Photoshop is set to sRGB, then surely when I load the keyshot image into Photoshop, it should completely identical to the image I see in the Keyshot realtime render window?

It's easy enough to edit the PS image to get the colors to look like they do in Keyshot, but surely I should not have to do that if both programs are using the same color space?!

Anyway, it's late at night now and I have to get to bed. Once again, thank you very much for your help and advice so far. If I can think of anything else to add I will post here again tomorrow.