Comparison of indoor rendering keyshot and 3DMAX+VR

Started by semozhangdama, May 10, 2018, 08:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

semozhangdama

I have been doing keyshots as some attempts at interior rendering. I have found an indoor rendering with Khai-Mang Quach using 3DMAX+VR. I will simulate the layout of the Khai-Mang Quach renderings and test what kind of effects can be rendered in the KEYshot.
First I built the model in 3DMAX, exported it as OBJ, imported it into keys hot, and tried to render.
The layout of the light source, I used the previous 3DMAX + VR layout, using HDR to simulate VR sunlight, using the window light to imitate the VR plane light.
The final result is as follows. We can look at the different effects of keys hot and 3DMAX+VR.

cjwidd

I've mentioned this elsewhere on this forum, but I really don't think Keyshot favors interior rendering in the way Corona or Vray does. That being said, the render you posted above is very nice, and others have achieved desirable results using Keyshot for interior scenes. Supposedly Luxion is working on making improvements to interior rendering within Keyshot, but I'm not sure what that amounts to exactly. Looking forward to learning more.

leonardo reis

fuck off vray and any another render engine... keyshot is simply the best render in the world, and humbly speaking, I understand enough of rendering ... the keyshot is a blessing, a grace of god

semozhangdama

Quote from: cjwidd on May 10, 2018, 09:02:29 PM
I've mentioned this elsewhere on this forum, but I really don't think Keyshot favors interior rendering in the way Corona or Vray does. That being said, the render you posted above is very nice, and others have achieved desirable results using Keyshot for interior scenes. Supposedly Luxion is working on making improvements to interior rendering within Keyshot, but I'm not sure what that amounts to exactly. Looking forward to learning more.
Is what you said true? Hmm, look forward to 8.0

semozhangdama

Quote from: leonardo reis on May 10, 2018, 09:58:59 PM
fuck off vray and any another render engine... keyshot is simply the best render in the world, and humbly speaking, I understand enough of rendering ... the keyshot is a blessing, a grace of god
Can you see that you believe in the keyshot。

Nils Piirma

It has been said time and time again, make use of the tool to the max that you have, not compare the render engines.

semozhangdama

Quote from: Nils Piirma on May 10, 2018, 11:55:29 PM
It has been said time and time again, make use of the tool to the max that you have, not compare the render engines.

Before we compare it, we know that there are actually many similarities. There are also different places. Good or bad, for users of other software, isn't it more friendly to go to keyshot?

Nils Piirma

Quote from: semozhangdama on May 11, 2018, 12:08:14 AM

Before we compare it, we know that there are actually many similarities. There are also different places. Good or bad, for users of other software, isn't it more friendly to go to keyshot?

For ease of use and GUI friendlyness then true, keyshot beats all of them hands down

semozhangdama

Quote from: Nils Piirma on May 11, 2018, 12:10:24 AM
Quote from: semozhangdama on May 11, 2018, 12:08:14 AM

For ease of use and GUI friendlyness then true, keyshot beats all of them hands down

Yes. This is why I insist on using keys hot.

cjwidd

Not trying to instigate a render war - I thought I was being reasonably impartial. I have absolutely no beef with Keyshot, but I think interior rendering can be improved.